Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only mod i have been able to do because no parts are currently avaliable (suspension/front rear lips/ exhaust) WRapped the front grill and window trim matte black, as well as de badged and painted rear L emblem matte black to match front and side trim. Any advice or knowledge of other mods or parts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think that this is a subtle mod but one that is really well done. The matte black border for the grille looks great. I take it that you are planning more mods in the future. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soarer thats what the RCF grill looks like, a black chrome finish. Either would look good.

Thanks Lex, yes many more to come when parts are out for the vehicle!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ross, I thought about it, but i like to see at night lol , I will attempt to tint the front emblem so its darker! Pics when i complete that, it is just too cold for the tint to properly adhere currently.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm not so sure about the tinting of the headlights. Tinting the Lexus logo might be a good move though. I just think you want to be careful to not do too much. Too many changes and mods can look tacky.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Ross, I thought about it, but i like to see at night lol , I will attempt to tint the front emblem so its darker! Pics when i complete that, it is just too cold for the tint to properly adhere currently.
it also depends on how dark of a tint you go

people really want this even go as far as getting higher output bulbs to compensate

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fell if the car isnt black, you shouldnt tint the headlights... Looks juvenile in my opinion because the contrast is too great.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I fell if the car isnt black, you shouldnt tint the headlights... Looks juvenile in my opinion because the contrast is too great.
I'd have to see it I suppose, but that would make sense to me. I also think that Lexus has done such a good job with the headlights that I don't really want to mess with them at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Explain to me why you want to put a tint (neutral density filter) on the headlights so that you cannot see the road as well at night. Down home, after the wreck, we call that stupid.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Explain to me why you want to put a tint (neutral density filter) on the headlights so that you cannot see the road as well at night. Down home, after the wreck, we call that stupid.
hahaha I'm not the one who suggested that.... Agree with you sir

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I'll admit that I haven't really heard of tinting headlights before.
The Camaro5 group do that a lot. I think it is supposed to make the car look more stealth or bad ass. IMHO anything that cuts down on the light coming from a headlight or taillight and is just dumb.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
tinting headlights have been around for a long time across many makes and models.
observing the tuning scene over the past years, there's quite a broad range of cars with them, which is expected considering the ease of doing it, or if you're paying someone, how much cheaper it can be than other 'modifications'

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I also am not sure about legality. When I started typing tinted headlight into google it recommended finishing it with "legal in Ontario" and "illegal". So I would say that if you are thinking about this you should look into whether it is legal in your jurisdiction or not.

Here is a look at what the tined and non tinted taillights look like on the Camaro.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts