Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all here, anybody with some insight? The IS and GS AWD versions have to settle for a 6-speed, but the RX F-Sport AWD gets an 8-speed? All the preliminary marketing talk only says 8-speed, but that is unclear and not a reliable indication.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Likely it will get the 8-speed. I heard a lot of good things about it, wouldn't mind having it at all. But as always a 6MT would be nicer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope the RC 350 AWD gets the 8-Speed and all other performance options equally.
Where I live, and based on my experiences with different drive systems AWD is mandatory for me. That said I don't want to give up better transmissions, suspensions, steering, etc. Audi is the best at no take-backs becuase quattro is their thing. Lexus has a ways to go as do other manufacturers, but I hope the RC 350 is true competion to the Audi A5 in terms of an AWD coupe. This will help me from making a big mistake and falling for BMW marketing :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Really good question but no matter how much we all want a 6 speed I don't think it will happen. You would win the lottery first before a 6mt box ever goes in to ANY Lexus vehicles. :(

My question is... will the RC-F be becoming with an actual dual clutch transmission or just the same torque convertor bullcrap from the IS-f?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts