Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed several used RC's on various sites which indicate a 5-6 month ownership and then offered for sale. These appear to mostly be lease vehicles. Any ideas as to why? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Perhaps it did not fit their lifestyle. Maybe they wanted to carry around all their friends, or tried to get a baby car seat into and out of the back seat, or not enough space for shopping. It could be a host of reasons, but what this tells me is that they really did not think out if a two door sport car was going to work for them before they got it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Peter. I had assumed that many of the reasons you listed could be what happened. It just concerned me as I consider an RC for myself that maybe there was some quirk that caused them enough concern to reconsider their decision so early on. Since I am coming from a two seat sports car, I expect I would not encounter many of the issues you listed.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Sometimes people need the money too. They overspend. Often times it isn't very practical for them. It's not something i would be super concerned with, but it is a great chance to get a basically new RC for a much cheaper price.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you can get an almost new RC at a lower price, I don't see why not but it's always good to ask them why they're letting go of it. Also, if you have a mechanic friend, ask them to come along for a look.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I, too, came from a 2-seater (370Z) so no issues for me. The back seat is pretty much useless anyway. That is unless you're like 4'8" tall. A lot of people buy by impulse. I went and looked at the RC 3 times before I even drove it. And, before I went to deal on one, I did tons of internet research. But, to trade after just six months is crazy. That's taking a huge hit value wise.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I, too, came from a 2-seater (370Z) so no issues for me. The back seat is pretty much useless anyway. That is unless you're like 4'8" tall. A lot of people buy by impulse. I went and looked at the RC 3 times before I even drove it. And, before I went to deal on one, I did tons of internet research. But, to trade after just six months is crazy. That's taking a huge hit value wise.
I too came from a 2 seater car, a 2011 Camaro. I was on the Lexus RC350 e-mail list when this car was first announced and did a lot of research. Once I saw the car in person, and test drove it I was hooked. Others are right, many people buy on impulse. Got to have the latest shiny object that no one else has. If the cars are CPO at a Lexus dealer they should be OK, and you get a great deal in the process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts