Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

I just bought a RC 350 AWD F sports that comes with 19inch wheel and Michelin tires.

The dealer offer me to purchase tire and wheel protection for 5 yrs with amount of $1250.

Is it worth it? If anyone purchased this protection, how much did you guys pay?

I don't want to over pay for something that I am too sure if I'm going to need it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I bought my RC 350 AWD two weeks ago, not sure if that'l l make it a price difference, but I paid $940 for mine and do remember my finance advisor telling me that the wheel and tire platinum coverage is for the duration of your warranty, whether it be the standard 4 year or the extended 7 year. There is slight negotiable room for it though so I'd atleast throw them an offer of 10-20% off what they offer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was actually $1290 for 5 yrs...

Hi, I bought my RC 350 AWD two weeks ago, not sure if that'l l make it a price difference, but I paid $940 for mine and do remember my finance advisor telling me that the wheel and tire platinum coverage is for the duration of your warranty, whether it be the standard 4 year or the extended 7 year. There is slight negotiable room for it though so I'd atleast throw them an offer of 10-20% off what they offer
Actually, the financial officer's offer was $1290 and ended up getting it today. One of my friend told me that his IS had rim damaged twice and it was only 19 inches...
Is your rim 18 inches or 19 inches?

Where was your dealership located if you don't mind asking...

I drive in NYC and North NJ a lot so I thought it was good idea to cover my rim and tires and I ended up paying $1380 with tax and all...
We will see if it's worth it or not...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Located in West Suburbs of Chicago Illinois, I have the 18' wheels but in my opinion it is well worth it. I can assume NYC has a lot of potholes just like Chicago and imagine just going down one and it cracks a rim , pops the tire. Boom you get a new rim and tire, free of charge. (That is after reimbursement) <-- that's what they fail to tell you

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
In places like that with a lot of pot holes I find it to be best to know routes you have to take all the time, at least then you'll know what pot holes to expect. Funny enough you might be seeing some grow as you pass them over time :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased that package, but in addition the package included any dings that doesn't include paint, and windshield repair. Double check about the rims because I was told that the rims would only be repaired, not replaced. If the rim isn't repairable then I'd have to buy a rim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased that package, but in addition the package included any dings that doesn't include paint, and windshield repair. Double check about the rims because I was told that the rims would only be repaired, not replaced. If the rim isn't repairable then I'd have to buy a rim.

I bought the same package, go read the literature, if the wheel is damaged beyond repair it is replaced..

don't ever go by what a salesman says, while Lexus is better than others, they are all mostly clueless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's great! I just had a huge crack in my windshield and when I called Lexus to see about getting a new (it's beyond repair) they told me it's only valid for repairs. That's what sparked me to ask about the wheels. That's when they told me about repair only. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I bought the same package, go read the literature, if the wheel is damaged beyond repair it is replaced..

don't ever go by what a salesman says, while Lexus is better than others, they are all mostly clueless.
That's good to know since sometimes wheel get so badly bent that even just putting weight on it wont be good enough but.

This is great for someone who wants to put minimal effort into the vehicle but someone that knows a lot about the automotive world can get around not going for the warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's good to know since sometimes wheel get so badly bent that even just putting weight on it wont be good enough but.

This is great for someone who wants to put minimal effort into the vehicle but someone that knows a lot about the automotive world can get around not going for the warranty.

agreed, and if you are going aftermarket it is pointless.

personally I have never damaged a wheel, however I have had my wheels damaged by shop monkey's. so the warranty is just added protection for me.

if I never use it, oh well, it's peace of mind in the event some shop monkey decides to grind my wheels on a curb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually, the financial officer's offer was $1290 and ended up getting it today. One of my friend told me that his IS had rim damaged twice and it was only 19 inches...
Is your rim 18 inches or 19 inches?

Where was your dealership located if you don't mind asking...

I drive in NYC and North NJ a lot so I thought it was good idea to cover my rim and tires and I ended up paying $1380 with tax and all...
We will see if it's worth it or not...
There is a Tire and Wheel Platinum and a Tire and Wheel Platinum Plus. Of course the Plus covers more.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
agreed, and if you are going aftermarket it is pointless.

personally I have never damaged a wheel, however I have had my wheels damaged by shop monkey's. so the warranty is just added protection for me.

if I never use it, oh well, it's peace of mind in the event some shop monkey decides to grind my wheels on a curb.

If a shop monkey damages my wheels the shop monkey will be buying me new ones. I take a photo of each wheel when it is sitting in the service area drop off. This puts the service advisor and management on notice that if anything is amiss they will be paying for it and No Ands, Ifs or Buts about it. >:D Life is cruel, but a picture is worth a 1,000 words and stands up in court.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts