Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Confirmed at SEMA, Lexus will enter a full factory team in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (likely).

Under the new F Performance Racing banner Lexus will partner with Michigan-based Paul Gentilozzi for management duties. Expected in the drivers seat is 55-year old Scott Pruett who was poached from the new Ford GT program.

"A core mission of F Performance Racing was to strengthen the Lexus' F brand by applying lessons gleaned from racing, while nurturing an engineering culture that transfers that knowledge to dynamic, high performance passenger car development," said, Lexus group vice president and general manager Jeff Bracken. "We are very excited about what this partnership and race effort can mean for the brand in the years to come."

Gentilozzi and Pruett know each other well, having spent time together back in the SCCA Trans-Am days and the early years of IMSA. Lexus has committed to the program for a full 4 years, meaning the car should have time to develop into a competitive customer car for Lexus.

"When Lexus left motorsports, I pledged to them that I would be there to help them return when that time came." said Pruett. "That time is now and I could not be more ecstatic to be representing Lexus as a performance brand ambassador and on the track in the F Performance RC F GT3."

The car will make its official debut on North American tarmac in late November.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Car looks great, now we have to see how it performs. I'm not predicting wins, but hopefully they'll represent the brand well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.