Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a '15 RC350 F Sport less than a week ago and am still learning about everything, so am looking forward to reading posts here.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Would love to see some pictures of your new ride.

Anything in particular that you'd like to learn about?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like to learn about

How to get my Windows to stop opening 1/4" when door opens and closing1/4" when door closes. (I've posted about this in 2 areas.) like the car has a mind of its own, it did it on the drivers side for the first time yesterday.

And learn best practices for taking care of Resistall NG coatings.

Wondering what the green lit button on the mirror is for. Obviously NOT compass, so not sure about that. Still reading the 5 lb. manual, but this forum is very helpful. So, thanks. Just need to invest some time in reading.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Must be some way to program it to not do that. Ask a service advisor or go right to a tech and ask them yourself.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It's possible that there could be a setting in the secret menu, but I think it is a safety thing so you may not be able to change it. You'd have the most luck asking your dealer about it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Have you had a chance to drive it around enough and put it through its paces on the road? Throwing it around through turns can really wake you up to its limits and what it can do ;)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Hey Dub, instead of reading through the entire 5 lb. manual how about browsing through it in a PDF. I've uploaded both the Owner's and Navi manuals here: Lexus RC350 / RCF Brochures & Ownership Literature - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum

I explained in one of those other posts that the windows can't be programmed to not roll down 1/4" when you open/close the door as it is there to prevent the window from breaking when the door is opened or closed. There is no secret programming spot to disable it. Sorry.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey Dub, instead of reading through the entire 5 lb. manual how about browsing through it in a PDF. I've uploaded both the Owner's and Navi manuals here: Lexus RC350 / RCF Brochures & Ownership Literature - Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum

I explained in one of those other posts that the windows can't be programmed to not roll down 1/4" when you open/close the door as it is there to prevent the window from breaking when the door is opened or closed. There is no secret programming spot to disable it. Sorry.
That's the best thing to do. Using the search feature cuts out a lot of time.

Don't know about you guys but I actually keep a PDF copy on my phone, always nice to have it on the go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I searched this forum for an answer on the wndows, but it didn't result in any posts, so thanks for answering that question. I already have the manual PDF and it is handy to search.

Funny thing, the auto-down function on the drivers side window didn't work the entire first week I had the car and then one day, mysteriously, it started working. I like the functionality of digital but knowing someone else has control over the ability to turn my options on and off isn't very comforting for the cost of the car.

Would have been nice for the folks at Lexus of Greenville (SC) to set the car up to properly work from the get go. The salesman told me the window goes down when the door is opened to "let the heat out", which I thot was strange because it goes down when opening the door.

Appreciate you knowing stuff and sharing to help us newbies out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts