Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota confirmed today they would be bringing a Supra Concept to the Detroit show next month. There are no images, no details except the rumor of a hybrid high performance powertrain. Call me crazy but that sounds a touch like the LF-LC, which makes me wonder if the RC-F and Supra concept could infact be twins...

Toyota to Debut Supra Concept at 2014 Detroit Auto Show | The Truth About Cars

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
No way it can be an "RC-F" dressed like a Toyota.

This will be on a whole new platform, there was a BMW concept that showed what we can expect since BMW and Toyota are teaming up on this one.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way it can be an "RC-F" dressed like a Toyota.

This will be on a whole new platform, there was a BMW concept that showed what we can expect since BMW and Toyota are teaming up on this one.
shared dev between BMW and Toyota? Whats in it for BMW, they already have the 4 series in this segment?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
shared dev between BMW and Toyota? Whats in it for BMW, they already have the 4 series in this segment?
thats what i would like to know, both brands have proved they're both capable of building their own vehicles in this segment as they have done in the past without a collaborative effort.

maybe part of the deal is toyota's hybrid system?
still many more questions to be answered.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i would like to know, both brands have proved they're both capable of building their own vehicles in this segment as they have done in the past without a collaborative effort.

maybe part of the deal is toyota's hybrid system?
still many more questions to be answered.
yea thats what I was thinking as well, but BMW isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to efficiency. Unless the F90 platform is too big to be scaled down for a smaller GT type car... Although there hasn't been many details on the union, will they dev a powertrain together for the vehicle or will it be like FRS/BRZ where platform is together and engines are exclusive.

I doubt the two will share a skin...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
the only thing I can think of is toyotas hybrid system.
Same here.

Im just trying to figure out what the divide will be like. What more could there be to this.

Will it be like the FR-S and BRZ project? With that sort of mix? Aside from design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts