Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota confirmed today they would be bringing a Supra Concept to the Detroit show next month. There are no images, no details except the rumor of a hybrid high performance powertrain. Call me crazy but that sounds a touch like the LF-LC, which makes me wonder if the RC-F and Supra concept could infact be twins...

Toyota to Debut Supra Concept at 2014 Detroit Auto Show | The Truth About Cars

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
shared dev between BMW and Toyota? Whats in it for BMW, they already have the 4 series in this segment?
thats what i would like to know, both brands have proved they're both capable of building their own vehicles in this segment as they have done in the past without a collaborative effort.

maybe part of the deal is toyota's hybrid system?
still many more questions to be answered.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i would like to know, both brands have proved they're both capable of building their own vehicles in this segment as they have done in the past without a collaborative effort.

maybe part of the deal is toyota's hybrid system?
still many more questions to be answered.
yea thats what I was thinking as well, but BMW isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to efficiency. Unless the F90 platform is too big to be scaled down for a smaller GT type car... Although there hasn't been many details on the union, will they dev a powertrain together for the vehicle or will it be like FRS/BRZ where platform is together and engines are exclusive.

I doubt the two will share a skin...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.