Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone wants to see a solar flare in person, longo lexus in el monte has one right now ;)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
if anyone wants to see a solar flare in person, longo lexus in el monte has one right now

Hi, Soarer. Thanks for the posting and awesome picture. It does look great but personally, I think I would be too scared to drive it around because of theft, law enforcement and dumbasses who open their doors and ding your door. It is freaking beautiful though. I might drop by Longo this weekend just to get some pictures and talk with my salesman. Hehe.. ;-)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, Soarer. Thanks for the posting and awesome picture. It does look great but personally, I think I would be too scared to drive it around because of theft, law enforcement and dumbasses who open their doors and ding your door. It is freaking beautiful though. I might drop by Longo this weekend just to get some pictures and talk with my salesman. Hehe.. ;-)
While it's good to be concerned about those things, I wouldn't be too worried about theft, if anyone wants your car or valuables inside, no matter what car it is, they'll find a way. Fortunately with newer vehicles there are more things to deter thieves than older vehicles, but of course a truly determined and sophisticated thief cannot be stopped.

As for dings, I always aim to park around nice cars or just cars that seem to be well taken care of as well as parking further down the lot where parked vehicles are few.

:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hi there,

What do you mean by solar flare? Not sure if the answer is obvious or not lol

Thanks!
Solar flare is the name of the color. There was actually a contest to decide on the name a while ago.

Not sure why there would be more concern over dents, dings and theft just because of the color of the car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ahh I see lol.. I guess it's because the color is bright and stands out more so people would more likely be attracted to it.. Or get distracted by it and cause an accident lol

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh I see lol.. I guess it's because the color is bright and stands out more so people would more likely be attracted to it.. Or get distracted by it and cause an accident lol
I can see these specific things happening.
One thing for sure, it will draw a lot of curious people, it's not every day that you see a car like this!

From those well in the know to people that don't know much about cars.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I doubt if car color has much to do with these things, but it would be an interesting thing to do a study on. The study would look to see if car color is correlated with the likelihood of crashing or theft.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I doubt if car color has much to do with these things, but it would be an interesting thing to do a study on. The study would look to see if car color is correlated with the likelihood of crashing or theft.
http://www.monash.edu.au/miri/research/reports/muarc263.pdf

From the Abstract:

"Results of the analysis identified a clear statistically significant relationship between vehicle colour and crash risk. Compared to white vehicles, a number of colours were associated with higher crash risk. These colours are generally those lower on the visibility index and include black, blue, grey, green, red and silver. No colour was statistically significantly safer than white although a number of other colours could not be distinguished from white statistically in terms of relative crash risk. The association between vehicle colour and crash risk was strongest during daylight hours where relative crash risks were higher for the colours listed compared to white by up to around 10%."

·
Banned
742 Posts
Theres a reason insurance views red as risky and its not arbitrary!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts