Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the first service on my car, and asked about any software updates. I was told that in mid-June a software update will be coming out for the NAV and Bluetooth. The Bluetooth update is to address issues with Samsung and iPhone's, and others. I'm not sure what the NAV one is about. I was mostly interested in the phone update as my Contacts keep graying out even though I see the Contacts and Call History transferred, and when I try to make a call and I get the dreaded "Pardon". I have a Samsung S5.

You might want to check with your Service Advisor in mid-June and get the update installed.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it probabaly just a mild update to the maps or something
Hopefully it will address the weird issue of using VC when telling it an address to go to. Last 3 times I used VC and entered an address for Arizona it gave me Maryland, New York, and Virginia. I don't know why it can't understand Arizona.

Reactions: Tony

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hopefully it will address the weird issue of using VC when telling it an address to go to. Last 3 times I used VC and entered an address for Arizona it gave me Maryland, New York, and Virginia. I don't know why it can't understand Arizona.
I seriously thought it was just me and my heavy mexican accent... I have the biggest trouble getting the voice control to do what I tell it to do... "or think i tell"...
all i hear is Pardon...Pardon... Pardon...

hopefully they will update that...

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seriously thought it was just me and my heavy mexican accent... I have the biggest trouble getting the voice control to do what I tell it to do... "or think i tell"...
all i hear is Pardon...Pardon... Pardon...

hopefully they will update that...
God, if they could get rid of Pardon I would be so happy as sometimes I want to bust the engineer in the head that thought that was a good idea.

Reactions: Tony

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hopefully we see some noticeable improvements with the updates. If you guys are experiencing problems that are known to Lexus at this point, they will likely have tried to address these. They are good about stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully we see some noticeable improvements with the updates. If you guys are experiencing problems that are known to Lexus at this point, they will likely have tried to address these. They are good about stuff like that.
As soon as the dealer calls me to come in I'll get the 411 on what specifically this update entails.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know this a duplicate post, but just incase someone finds this it might be helpful.

Ok, so the car got upgraded and from what they said it fixed is the following items:

NAV locking up randomly
iPhone / Android phones having Bluetooth connectivity issues
iPod issues

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.