Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those headlights are going to be a nightmare in the winter as snow accumulates on that "shelf" between the Nike-esque swoosh LED lights and the main headlight unit.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Airflow could stop the problem. I can see what you are talking about though. You'd think that they would test for something like that during cold conditions testing though. It would be an annoying problem to have. Haven't heard of someone actually having it yet though. Not a big enough problem to deter me from my purchase :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do think we're going to see problems with snow/ice accumulating there and blocking the headlights. We'll have to carry a snow brush in the trunk, to brush away the debris before setting off.

I can already see it now, we can call it the RC snow brush mod. :D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Even on headlights that don't have a 'shelf' below them this still happens, snow sticks, of course after it builds up enough some will slide off, but either way we still have to clear off our headlights.

·
Registered
407 Posts
has the new IS350 even had a winter to go through yet? I could see it potentially building up, but I'm curious if the airflow over that area will simply blow it away?
that is true but I'd think Lexus did cold weather testing on the IS before releasing it. Any great north IS owners wanna chime in? lol

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
there will be a lot of wind resistance in that area since it just won't let air flow right over but fight with the car to go over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really? This is what you think of when looking at a car? Get off your lazy bum and clean off your headlights. Snow accumulates there anyways and it is illegal and unsafe to drive with blocked headlights. Yes it is inconvenient but your windshield is going to be covered as well so take the extra 7 seconds and wipe off your headlights. Enjoy your car the other 8759 hours and 59 minutes of the year.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Really? This is what you think of when looking at a car? Get off your lazy bum and clean off your headlights. Snow accumulates there anyways and it is illegal and unsafe to drive with blocked headlights. Yes it is inconvenient but your windshield is going to be covered as well so take the extra 7 seconds and wipe off your headlights. Enjoy your car the other 8759 hours and 59 minutes of the year.
I completely agree.

In winter I have a habit of cleaning my cars every second day, usually it's just a quick rinse down at the local coin-op, a few dollars goes a long way.
Then at least once a week I give it a really good wash down, soap, conditioner, and all that cool stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
that's crazy, i'd hate having to clean snow and ice off my car every morning, rather have a garage to keep my vehicle in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts