Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm not totally sold on it from this rendering, but making a vehicle to compete with the CLA would probably be a good move. The CLA is a huge seller so if Lexus can make something that competes and appeals to people then they could make a killing on it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I love every bit of it and I can honestly say im sold on the idea of this idea and the rendering. Now Lexus needs to make it happen. If it does, then just maybe it will be the IS-F successor? I think there were rumors of them no longer making an IS-F

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I just feel like there is something missing in the rendering. Maybe seeing it in the flesh would make me like it more. I also think there should be a better shot of the front of the car.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Lex this vehicle won't compete with the CLA in anyway shape or form, its aimed at the 4 series Gran Coupe. No I don't thinl Lexus should do this however. Theres no room for Lexus to sell the IS and the RC GT. Before you say BUT BMW DOES IT, yea I know but Lexus is not BMW ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
About that, I don't think Lexus has a direct competitor for the CLA, closest thing is the IS, but that's more along the lines of a 3 series rival, a direct 3 series rival.

·
Banned
742 Posts
About that, I don't think Lexus has a direct competitor for the CLA, closest thing is the IS, but that's more along the lines of a 3 series rival, a direct 3 series rival.
CT200 is about as close as it comes, but thats not really a good offer considering its hybridized only. Perhaps they could make use of the new corolla, looks better than the CLA already ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's not bad but it is just a rendering. That slope back is smooth reminds me of what bmw did with the new 3 series. I don't think Lexus NEEDS to do this and if they ever do, they for sure would hear things like "oh they are just following in BMW's footsteps."

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
yeah spoonful you're right.

Too bad Lexus can't really go much smaller when it comes to sedan's. The IS is already small enough, I can't imagine a smaller sedan.

At least to those who are open to different brands, considering the IS over a CLA is going to be a bit tough.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yeah spoonful you're right.

Too bad Lexus can't really go much smaller when it comes to sedan's. The IS is already small enough, I can't imagine a smaller sedan.

At least to those who are open to different brands, considering the IS over a CLA is going to be a bit tough.
I'm sure they can't but just wouldn't. The IS is already tight enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts