Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this?? I think the black comb looking things on the bumper look cheap.. Has anyone removed them and if so do you have pics?? Thoughts on what this would look like?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I haven't seen anyone do it but you might have luck in seeing how someone else did it on another Lexus, like a GS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here is what the bumper looks like if you take all the stuff off.. What would I need to have the body shop do to clean this up and look good?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The guys at the body shop would probably know best. Might be the case that it isn't really worth it, or maybe they have a few ideas for you. I don't think anyone has done this on the forum though.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
So here is what the bumper looks like if you take all the stuff off.. What would I need to have the body shop do to clean this up and look good?
My guess is they would shave down what ever ends are raised so its flat and then fill in the rest with bondo or put something to fill in the bigger holes, then bondo as a finisher to smoothen out the area. Then off to paint.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
My guess is they would shave down what ever ends are raised so its flat and then fill in the rest with bondo or put something to fill in the bigger holes, then bondo as a finisher to smoothen out the area. Then off to paint.

Those holes are too big for just bondo, and would probably have fiberglass put over the holes or plastic welded first so it won't crack, and like you said finished off with bondo. Too expensive IMHO to do, but if someone has money to throw at it, anything can be done.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah that's what i was thinking, something to fill it in for good for the most part. Some people are very particular about their car and wouldn't mind spending the $600-$800 or more to do this job and do it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts