Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used to live in the NE so I can empathize. Yes, Summer is when many of us car enthusiasts work on our cars so we can drive them in the Fall/Winter/Spring time. Luckily I have a 2 ton AC unit for the garage so even if it is blazing hot out I can still be a cool 70 inside.:cool:

I do hear that Spring is coming to the NE soon, so hang in there.
Better than having to shovel snow and deal with horrible and messy winter weather conditions, then add to that the time you have to wait for salt to be cleared from the road so you don't get it all over your vehicle, especially the underbody.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The salt can be quite annoying, but my mother lives in Saskatchewan and they just use gravel for the roads in the winter. Apparently that can be equally as annoying with dirt and rocks and crap flying everywhere. There is just dust everywhere she says.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The salt can be quite annoying, but my mother lives in Saskatchewan and they just use gravel for the roads in the winter. Apparently that can be equally as annoying with dirt and rocks and crap flying everywhere. There is just dust everywhere she says.
Gravel, really, WOW. I've now lived long enough to truly see everything. I see a lot of replaced windshields coming soon. YIKES :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Never heard that one before.

I've only seen sand, salt and some type of blue liquid used, sand being the most uncommon, mostly see them on sidewalks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah, I mean't I was pissed about the triple lights, and dash and a heap of other things the dealer didn't explain. Apparently I was to look at pictures and pick it.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
yeah, I mean't I was pissed about the triple lights, and dash and a heap of other things the dealer didn't explain. Apparently I was to look at pictures and pick it.

That would be like ordering a mail order bride. No thanks!!!! I'd be mad as heck also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, so I tried the key fob trick last year after I read this thread and it worked fine for me. I didn't have to use it because I had the app. However I cancelled the app back in November and the key fob won't start the car now? This wouldn't be connected would it?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi, so I tried the key fob trick last year after I read this thread and it worked fine for me. I didn't have to use it because I had the app. However I cancelled the app back in November and the key fob won't start the car now? This wouldn't be connected would it?
Unfortunately Yes it is. In order for the key fob to remote start you need to have Lexus Enform remote start.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks for the info but that's very disappointing :crying:

Frankly, I'm calling BS here...

I know how you feel. On my 2011 Camaro the key fob was independent of the phone app, and it should have been that way also on the Lexus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm guessing all of our cars are built to safely accommodate the inevitable problem of driving down the road when your key fob's battery dies.And also know that car can start without key fob because i know it my car would not work then i find Fort Launderdale Locksmith and they start my car without key fob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My key fob fell out of my pocket while crossing the street and got smashed into a million pieces by passing cars. I was able to only recover the actual key. When I insert the key into the ignition the SID reads "Key Not Activated"then i call my friend who works with Locksmith Davie and they reach on time and resolve my problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth enabled ODBII (BAFX)connector to use with the Carista App

Can you please explain why utilizing the Bluetooth enabled ODBII (BAFX)connector to use with the Carista App is better than the default option???

MJ...:)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Can you please explain why utilizing the Bluetooth enabled ODBII (BAFX)connector to use with the Carista App is better than the default option???

MJ...:)
Hi MJ,

The enhanced Carista App (the one that you pay for) with the Bluetooth ODBII connector allows you to access all the features of Carista, think of it as running in enhanced mode. The dealer can program for you all those enhanced features, and charge you for them after the initial setup. This way you can change any feature that you want that before only the dealer could do for you.

Did that help? Did you see the post I started that gives you the sheet with all the options that are programmable, and which ones you are allowed to change, and the ones that are dealer only. With the Pair Carista App you can now change the Dealer Only ones. Here is the link: http://www.rc350forum.com/forum/electronics-audio-lighting/5234-vehicle-customization-check-sheet-carista-app.html

Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
i always found it to be a useless feature but of course a cool feature to have since i don't see much of a reason to have all your windows roll down remotely.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts