Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
We have no regulations since we sell a lot of aftermarket car starters. We have excellent cell coverage so there is no good explanation! Ugh

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We have no regulations since we sell a lot of aftermarket car starters. We have excellent cell coverage so there is no good explanation! Ugh
That's just not fair. :crying:

·
Registered
154 Posts
it's more, like 70/30, but then it also has to do with cell service and being able to connect.
do you pay extra fro the lexus enform app/SERVICE?

I downloaded the app and entered the car VIN#. Now is asking for activation email from Lexus dealership... I never got this.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
do you pay extra fro the lexus enform app/SERVICE?

I downloaded the app and entered the car VIN#. Now is asking for activation email from Lexus dealership... I never got this.
The first year it is free. After that you have to pick a plan in order for the Cell phone app and I think the Key fob to still work.

If you never got the e-mail you can get it fixed by pressing the SOS button in the car and talking to Lexus Enform directly.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Remote starts for lazy people! Or for getaway drivers! LOL
Unless you live in a really cold or hot area. Then the remote start is really handy to heat up or cool down the car. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
The first year it is free. After that you have to pick a plan in order for the Cell phone app and I think the Key fob to still work.

If you never got the e-mail you can get it fixed by pressing the SOS button in the car and talking to Lexus Enform directly.
thank you. Will try that today.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
try living in Canada without a starter. You will get what I mean!!!!
Since it gets up to 115 degrees or hotter here in Phoenix during the Summer I can empathize with you. Remote start is a must.

Reactions: soarer

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Since it gets up to 115 degrees or hotter here in Phoenix during the Summer I can empathize with you. Remote start is a must.
In general remote starters are good, even if you live somewhere with ideal weather conditions where you can hop in right away without feeling like you're in an oven or a freezer, having it for the sake of giving the engine and related components time to be 'ready' is a prime motivation for me to get one.

Too many people make the mistake of hopping in their cars right away and not allowing it time to get 'ready' before taking off.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
In general remote starters are good, even if you live somewhere with ideal weather conditions where you can hop in right away without feeling like you're in an oven or a freezer, having it for the sake of giving the engine and related components time to be 'ready' is a prime motivation for me to get one.

Too many people make the mistake of hopping in their cars right away and not allowing it time to get 'ready' before taking off.
I love the "get ready before take off" reference as that is how it feels to me when I drive my car as I feel I'm in a cockpit of a plane. ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok... I'm back again... :(

I managed to get the app going in and it's great. But I cannot roll the windows down or Turn on the Car with the Key Fob....

PLease help..

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ok... I'm back again... :(

I managed to get the app going in and it's great. But I cannot roll the windows down or Turn on the Car with the Key Fob....

PLease help..
To turn the car on using the Fob follow the this procedure:

Press the Lock button 3 times, after each time the parking lights will flash, and on the third time press & hold until the parking lights begin to flash, release the lock button.

The vehicle will start within a few seconds.

Pressing the Unlock button or opening the door will shut off the car.

To get the windows to roll down with the Key fob that is a dealer only programming, or you can use an APP called Carista and a Bluetooth enabled ODBII connector and program it yourself like I did. This is the link to the Customization Checklist that Lexus uses. At the bottom of the page is a link to Carista.

RC 350 Customization Checklist & Explanations - Club Lexus Forums

·
Registered
354 Posts
Also for people who have to start a car in 45 degrees celsius weather. :crying:
I thought it was funny when I heard your 'winters' are prime time for enthusiasts, meanwhile summers can be way too hot to have a vehicle out at times

Either way, still much nicer than having to deal with the type of weather we do in northern parts of north america :(

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I thought it was funny when I heard your 'winters' are prime time for enthusiasts, meanwhile summers can be way too hot to have a vehicle out at times

Either way, still much nicer than having to deal with the type of weather we do in northern parts of north america :(
I used to live in the NE so I can empathize. Yes, Summer is when many of us car enthusiasts work on our cars so we can drive them in the Fall/Winter/Spring time. Luckily I have a 2 ton AC unit for the garage so even if it is blazing hot out I can still be a cool 70 inside.:cool:

I do hear that Spring is coming to the NE soon, so hang in there.

Reactions: DCRH
21 - 40 of 65 Posts