Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the RC's over night debut in Tokyo chief engineer Junichi Furyama let it slip that that the RC boasts underbody braces to aid the development of a hardtop convertible.

and then promptly uttered this:

“We are preparing so if we decide to provide the convertible model from this it is possible from the engineering perspective, but there is no actual plan for a convertible.

“The main purpose of this car is to create an aggressive image for the Lexus brand. A hard top coupe is suitable for that purpose compared with a convertible, because a convertible is for older people.”

“We need a little adjustment for mass production”
Furyama also refused to confirm the RC-F or the RC200t featuring the oft rumored Atkinson stroke 4 banger....

As with anything in the auto industry take the complete refusal to commit to a position as the ultimate confirmation of intention :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
like are they going to keep it around?

and I wonder what the weight of this RC350 convertible will be

I'm guessing not any lighter because of those braces.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
well if they do an RC cabrio I doubt they are going to keep around an antiquated IS cabrio...
chances are they will end the 2 door IS once that generation of it comes to an end, after that it will just the the RC and anything bigger.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chances are they will end the 2 door IS once that generation of it comes to an end, after that it will just the the RC and anything bigger.
yea thats what I'm saying, no use in still producing the outgoing model along the incoming model, that is unless you're the Infiniti G37/Q50 ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts