Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I am having a great time with the AWD in Canada. I have not installed winter tires. Just relying on the AWD system much like I did with my Acura TL AWD. This car performs well on ice, snow, sand and salt. So far it seems unstoppable. So for those of you concerned about this car in Winter, NO WORRIES.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome Hepar. From S.E. Michigan and have had my AWD for just about 1 year. I was impressed beyond belief how well the AWD handled in the snow. Same as you no need for snow tires. Just a great fun car to drive. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You should really plan on getting winter tires, just for the improve levels of safety with braking and ease of getting off the line. I wouldn't like to know what braking is like going downhill :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So winter tires are not mandatory in all provinces in Canada!
I have had an Acura TL, Acura MDX, ML 350, Toyota 4 runner, Infiniti Q40, and many other 2 wheel drive cars. I have never used winter tires and have driven for 36 years without any issues in winter. I feel that knowing the conditions and having lived here all my life is far better than winter tires. I find so many people rely on winter tires thinking that it will give you summer performance in winter. This is farthest from the truth. They give the drivers a false sense of security so just learn the road conditions and drive safely and you will be more than fine. After all in a winter there might be only 10 days where the roads are not clear and those days you take extra caution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts