Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7523 rc cars sold in usa since opening according to latest june sales numbers ..

took mine for its first service to lexus of kendall ,miami ,and was highly dissapointed .

handed the car to greeter who then took me to service advisor.

met with servide advisor who refused to change the oil unless i paid $79.00.

then i went to the srvice door and watched as the car was driven to bay .
mechanic opened hood.
mechanic looked at engine for 25 seconds
mechanic closed hood ....that was it . he did nothing not even check the oil

then mechanic went around and checked air pressure ,even thou car had just been driven ,mechanic deflated tires ...now i have to inflate again tomorrow morning ( i have air compressor in garage ).

i then searched out and spoke to service mgr. he tells me that probably the mechanic knows that the car is so good and so new that he does not have to do anything ......this from service mgr.

but the lexus service book is very specific as to what has to be done..probably nothing was done .

i insisted for over 4 mnutes and he agrees, under pressure from me ,to have mechanic check the fluids under the hood .

1/2 hour later car handed to me ,washed .

i think that aside from deflating tires and washing this is all they did .

dissapointed ..................

·
Registered
101 Posts
how many miles when you brought her in? Its possible you didn't actually need anything when you showed up. Maybe thats why they said you had to pay?? Regardless welcome to the boards, post some pics when you can!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
That's horrible.
Black list that dealer and never go again. All that probably stems from horrible management

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just sent a letter tot he president and to lexus and to service mgr,advisor ,etc....
according to the book the service is required at 6 mos or 6k miles regradless .so low miles do not mean anything

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Good to know, that's some relief.

I guess if you want to pay more attention to your RC you can always monitor things yourself leading up to that scheduled service.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing that got me upset and i forgot to mention is that they gave me an invoice ,no charge , but when i got home and read it it stated that they had changed oil and filter, rotated tires ,reset maint. reminder ,inspect engine air filter,inspect tires and brakes ,inspect ball joints and dust covers , inspect drive belts, road test car ,wash car __-they did wash the car .........other .....

big lie as the only thing done was tire pressure and wash car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got a telephone call fromt he GM...but a waste of time ...whathas happened to lexus of kendall in miami is that the original owner and a very dedicated man died 2 or so years ago and th e2 kids took over and appointed GM's, president ,etc....and in my opinion
a lot of empty suits

·
Registered
28 Posts
On my first maintenance (5000 mi) inspected all the items listed for first check. The reason for the extra charge for oil is that the oil is good for 10,000 miles. If you wanted it changed (having been no need) you would be charged. That's the reason for the oil change charge with less than 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
On my first maintenance (5000 mi) inspected all the items listed for first check. The reason for the extra charge for oil is that the oil is good for 10,000 miles. If you wanted it changed (having been no need) you would be charged. That's the reason for the oil change charge with less than 10,000 miles.
Sounds fair to me, small cost to pay for something you can't really lose out. Who knows, this extra care might go a long way ;)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Sounds fair to me, small cost to pay for something you can't really lose out. Who knows, this extra care might go a long way ;)
I just had my 1st service and also changed my oil, and paid $79.99. The dealer said it was good for 10K miles and I said that is fine, change the oil please. I do oil changes at 5K for both my Lexus cars. This way if they spot something wrong I get it taken care of quicker, and with less damage if I waited until 10K miles or once per year. Win-Win in my book. :D

Reactions: soarer

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I just had my 1st service and also changed my oil, and paid $79.99. The dealer said it was good for 10K miles and I said that is fine, change the oil please. I do oil changes at 5K for both my Lexus cars. This way if they spot something wrong I get it taken care of quicker, and with less damage if I waited until 10K miles or once per year. Win-Win in my book. :D
Smart move.

Considering the trouble that frequency saves you, it's worth it for the added security.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my car in for the 5,000 check up and the only issue that I had was that they over inflated my tires. Having to drive 1/12 hours to the dealership the tire pressure when I got home was 43psi in the front and 41 psi in the back. When I received a follow up call about my service I told them of my concern. Make a long story short I took several pounds out of each tire when the tire were "cold". Not a big issue but they should have never let the vehicle leave the dealership without checking. When I take it back in for the 10,000 check up I will be watching and not leave unless the correct pressure is reading....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Seems like overkill to me. Maybe taking it in a bit more often, but twice as often? Just seems to be more expensive and unneeded. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Seems like overkill to me. Maybe taking it in a bit more often, but twice as often? Just seems to be more expensive and unneeded. Just my opinion.
True, but it doesn't hurt, and the oil changes are not $250 like BMW, MB or Porsche. Eighty dollars twice a year is not expensive, and the car is looked over for any issues. It would be wise to not wait until 10K miles on a new car to have it's first oil change as the break in period causes small pieces of metal to wear off. It's best to get these particles out of the oil and oil filter as soon as possible. I have 3 Lexus dealers all within 20 miles of where we live, and one is only 5 miles away so it is not an inconvenience to take it in.

I'd rather err on the side of caution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts