1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ignition

Engage Wing Control

Lift off

Not for anything but that is a LOT of space for 3 buttons, wonder what else belongs there?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yea what's with all the blank buttons? Are those going to have a function if you have the fully loaded model? It makes your car looks cheap if there are buttons that do not do anything.

Rear spoiler is awesome though. I want to see a video of it rising out of the trunk.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
it's weird how there are that many delete plates in place, which makes me wonder if there are features that can be added which this doesn't have, if not, the delete's are just a waste .

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only possibilities I can think of is either the panel came from another car with more buttons making several slots superfluous, or the RC-F with its sporting pretenses does away with perhaps a few of the more luxurious features of a range topping RC350...???

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The only possibilities I can think of is either the panel came from another car with more buttons making several slots superfluous, or the RC-F with its sporting pretenses does away with perhaps a few of the more luxurious features of a range topping RC350...???
I don't know about that, what other car could it come from?

On the plus side this is good for enthusiasts which might be the reason they left all those blanks , since as people modify the RC-F they'll want to add switches their for a number of things, better than cutting into the dash.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

On the plus side this is good for enthusiasts which might be the reason they left all those blanks , since as people modify the RC-F they'll want to add switches their for a number of things, better than cutting into the dash.
This is what I was kinda thinking. Maybe there is some room for extra buttons so that you can add extra features if you choose to tune and customize the RC F. Or maybe you'll balla and get Xzibit to pimp your ride. I'm sure he could find something to do with those extra slots for buttons.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Like the IS... ;)

what exactly is someone going to put there?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ignition

Engage Wing Control

Lift off

Not for anything but that is a LOT of space for 3 buttons, wonder what else belongs there?
Its cool how you can control manually but Im thinking it would be beteer t have ti programmed to come up automatically at certain speeds.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
A combination of both would be best. It automatically comes up when you get to a certain speed, but you can also just press a button to have it emerge if you feel like it. Why have to choose between the two?

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've always found it funny these auto spoilers that we want to come up at certain speeds. Its funny because at SPEED you want the car as slippery as possible, REDUCE down force, not increase...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
A combination of both would be best. It automatically comes up when you get to a certain speed, but you can also just press a button to have it emerge if you feel like it. Why have to choose between the two?
I can see that happening, even if it's a hack or some module someone makes that can allow this function.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I can see aftermarket companies taking advantage of this function. If anything a module or possibly even a reflash might do it.

Do you guys think the spoiler and mechanism is really neccessary though?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I can see aftermarket companies taking advantage of this function. If anything a module or possibly even a reflash might do it.

Do you guys think the spoiler and mechanism is really neccessary though?
at higher speeds, yes. other high performance vehicles have it, even the mclaren p1 has it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My aunt had a Porsche that had a spoiler that would come up if you go fast enough. Necessary, I don't know. But I'm sure it has an effect, and if nothing else it is just cool.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
yeah there you go,

it's typical enough in cars like that

even more cool that now a japanese vehicle is getting it, one that won't be in the six figure range.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It sure does

anyone who wants to see more about that should have a look at the FT1 video on jay leno's garage, their i believe they show a great close up of the spoiler.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It sure does

anyone who wants to see more about that should have a look at the FT1 video on jay leno's garage, their i believe they show a great close up of the spoiler.
Yes I think they cover a little bit of the FT1's spoiler mechanism.

Here is a picture of the FT1 spoiler

1 - 20 of 25 Posts