Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone purchased and fitted the rear spolier after purchasing their RC? How hard is it to paint and fit? How does it attach - bolt or stick on?

Thks

·
Registered
47 Posts
A lot of people have installed them. Mine was done by the dealer before I even saw the car, but my recollection from various posts is that the spoiler comes with a template and two fixed bolts in the bottom. Some have filed off the bolts and used an adhesive (not Elmer's) with no reports of airborne expressway spoilers. You want to get it from a dealer parts department already painted.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There's way too much drag on a rear spoiler to install with adhesive. It'll eventually come loose from vibration and exposure to the elements. And, you'll be liable for any damage or injuries behind you. It's not worth it! Just drill the holes and bolt it on if you want one. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A lot of people have installed them. Mine was done by the dealer before I even saw the car, but my recollection from various posts is that the spoiler comes with a template and two fixed bolts in the bottom. Some have filed off the bolts and used an adhesive (not Elmer's) with no reports of airborne expressway spoilers. You want to get it from a dealer parts department already painted.
Using real hardware is the best way to go about securing it down although it's not as easy at first.

But then it can be said that the type of adhesive matters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts