Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,
Has anyone been able to get/find information regarding what type of differential the RC 350 or the 350 F Sport has? As I have been reading various other forums and articles, ONLY the RC F shows up with information regarding the type of differential installed or available as an option. Torque Vectoring Differential is an orderable option on the RC F but that's it.
Is the RC350 / RC 350 F Sport Differential even a limited Slip Unit? If you have any information, please let us know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
To answer the question directly, the RC350 F Sport does have a limited slip differential (LSD), as it is intended to be the performance upgrade. It is my understanding that the RC350 will have an open diff, as the option is reserved for the F Sport model. It goes without saying that the RC F has the TVD unit as an available option, presumably with a normal LSD as standard equipment. Here's where it gets tricky...

At this time, in Colorado all RC350 and RC350 F Sport models are being offered as AWD vehicles for the obvious inclement weather concern. The RC F is the exception as this beast is RWD only. The front axle (steer axle, or SA) on AWD vehicles are limited slip by design. This is to allow the need for the outside wheel to spin faster during turns while maintaining traction and positive steering control. Anyone who's tried to steer an older 4WD truck in 4L on pavement knows this pain... It also allows for even straight-line acceleration (and cornering) for fuel economy reasons.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
That's also what i understand about it. Fortunately it's a feature that makes going for the F-Sport model even more worth it, although its something I would have liked to see be a standard feature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts