Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Congrats on placing your order for an RC F Sport!
I hope you have something fun enough to drive around while you wait!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Till May? That is quite a wait.

Did you get a strange combinations of options so that they have to build yours to order? Just seems like a longer wait than I'd expect.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How long should it take usually take to deliver after ordering? That does seem quite long of a wait..

Cheers
All RC's are on a 4-5 month build wait.... They are built in Japan people lol and all the orders have certain combinations of colors and equipment that are not on the normal production line so it takes a while...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long waits

You are right . It is a long wait but I am told that there is a 3 month wait because infrared has become so popular. In Canada there are only three options so it is not that. The options are executive package, f sport1 or f sport2

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You are right . It is a long wait but I am told that there is a 3 month wait because infrared has become so popular. In Canada there are only three options so it is not that. The options are executive package, f sport1 or f sport2
I just remember having read about someone having to wait like 5 months because they wanted a blue exterior with red interior.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I can see that being the case.
One of the influences being an RC they had parading around Toronto in that exact color from a dealer, a lot of people were sold on that color.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Blue exterior, red interior - perfect combo! That contrast must give the RC a sweet look.
sure helps it stand out.
they've been doing a good job of that with the RC, probably from taking cues from german automakers, BMW being one of them.

another crazy combo is orange with that tan-ish interior.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blue exterior, red interior - perfect combo! That contrast must give the RC a sweet look.
I must be getting old. I don't think I could live with that combo for more than a few weeks. I bet the guys on the assembly line would be gritting their teeth having to build it. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah well this combo is more for the extravagant one. I would love to see blue interior available as an option. Not many car companies have this option but I think a white RC with blue leather is so clean :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I have heard that my car will be in on April 22. So excited!!!!!!0:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is actually what I've ordered and is currently being built. My wife works for Lexus and while it's great that I can get the combination I want, it is a little downer that we'll have to wait a bit longer due to it being a special order. But it's a small price to pay for a unique and great looking combination. And with it being loaded with all options, hopefully the unique color combo will help the resale value in the future. Happy to post pics when it comes in!

·
Registered
354 Posts
This is actually what I've ordered and is currently being built. My wife works for Lexus and while it's great that I can get the combination I want, it is a little downer that we'll have to wait a bit longer due to it being a special order. But it's a small price to pay for a unique and great looking combination. And with it being loaded with all options, hopefully the unique color combo will help the resale value in the future. Happy to post pics when it comes in!
Now that is awesome, it helps to have someone on the 'inside' or even being that someone. The access to information that Lexus has on the servicing end can be useful, information that techs, parts guys, mechanics, etc have access to.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It might increase resale value, but it also might be harder to find a buyer. I think the red/blue combo is one of those things that people either like or dislike. It's not a neutral thing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So my car is officially at the dealer. They have so many cars going out this week that they can't do my PDI until Monday. What a drag. Was really hoping to enjoy it this weekend. Will stop by the dealer this weekend to have a peek!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not surprised they're that busy, they've been getting record sales on the NX and i've been seeing a lot of those out, I bet NX PDI's are a good chunk of it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lexus has really good customer service though. If they are busy, I'm sure they are still getting to people in a relatively reasonable amount of time. Is that what you guys are finding? Lexus just has such a good reputation when it comes to this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts