Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to be confused with Mitsubishi's ASC (active stability control), in the Lexus RC 200t, is stands for Active Sound Control.

It pretty much let's you controls the amount of synthetic engine-like sounds that come through your interior speakers at high engine speeds. The dial pretty much lets you control how loud you want it, or you can take it off completely.

People have reported that it sounds a bit too digital for their liking though.

Do you like it ??

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have it but I prefer keeping it real. But it's nice to be able to control it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I think what we might see is those that go for aftermarket exhaust systems will see a need to turn ASC off. They are after all the type to dislike this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea.. Can't "fake the funk" with the building dudes ! A lot of companies do this now.. but not all of them allow you to change the volume of it. For example, with Subaru, you have to change a little piece of pipe that they call the noise generator. The pipes have baffling in them and there's different ones with different amounts of baffling.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It works the other way too since some people want all the sportiness but not the sound and overall loud factor that comes in. So even yanking the generator or disabling it entirely could benefit some. Get an interior as quiet as a Buick.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol those are actually quite quiet on the inside ahah. But true, didn't think about it in the sense of cabin noise/relaxation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts