Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just picked up my Atomic Silver, Roja Red f-sport yesterday. If anyone in the North Texas area has a line on someone to wrap my chrome bumper, let me know.

Don't know why the attachments are upside down. They display correctly in file viewer. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats!

Nice combination. Let us know how things go over the next week or so. :laugh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sweet looking Lexus! Perfect combo choice. Same combo choice i'm looking into getting. How's she treating you so far?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet looking Lexus! Perfect combo choice. Same combo choice i'm looking into getting. How's she treating you so far?

So far I don't have a single complaint outside of learning the touchpad system and trying to learn all the new bells and whistles. Also just found out last night that if you put your car in park with the parking brake on, you can watch a DVD on your screen. Love how comfortable it is. Drives like butter. So far, so good. I will let everyone know if anything pops up that should be shared with the community.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So far I don't have a single complaint outside of learning the touchpad system and trying to learn all the new bells and whistles. Also just found out last night that if you put your car in park with the parking brake on, you can watch a DVD on your screen. Love how comfortable it is. Drives like butter. So far, so good. I will let everyone know if anything pops up that should be shared with the community.
Look up my thread if you havent already, i wrapped my front chrome and window trim matte black

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great to hear you're enjoying your RC-F! Keep us updated as you put on some mileage. That DVD feature sounds legit!

Peace

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How do you like the HVAC and radio controls?

As much as I like them for practicality, the whole setup just looks dated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
only flaw

How do you like the HVAC and radio controls?

As much as I like them for practicality, the whole setup just looks dated!

Only flaw that iv'e found is the way they positioned the screen lower into the mid center dash. when your driving if not seated with the seat up it's hard to see the bottom portion of the screen entirely. I'm guessing first year designer flaw.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Only flaw that iv'e found is the way they positioned the screen lower into the mid center dash. when your driving if not seated with the seat up it's hard to see the bottom portion of the screen entirely. I'm guessing first year designer flaw.
Good point.
I always had a feeling that would be an issue ever since seeing it in pictures for the first time, but haven't seen many people complain about it so far, looks like it might be something they'll change.

Since i'm a bit tall, at 5'10 and sit back quite a bit, I guess that helps.

I sit back far enough that there's only a few inches between the back of the drivers seat and the passenger seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It hasn't been much of a problem so far. As for the dated look, you really don't notice it that much as the buttons are only there for when you don't use the screen interface to adjust things. You can also pretty much do everything outside of adjusting your climate control from the steering wheel controls and screen interface on the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good point.
I always had a feeling that would be an issue ever since seeing it in pictures for the first time, but haven't seen many people complain about it so far, looks like it might be something they'll change.

Since i'm a bit tall, at 5'10 and sit back quite a bit, I guess that helps.

I sit back far enough that there's only a few inches between the back of the drivers seat and the passenger seat.
I'm 5"10 as well but i think this really plays more of a factor of how high or low you sit in the car as well as how far back you recline your chair. I can say that iv'e caught myself having to peak up so that i can make a clear view of the options on the bottom especially while on the actual navigation map.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my white (with red int.) RCF since the end of January. Viewing the nav has not been an issue. While the infotainment control do seem Spartan in design, function is straightforward. With over a 1000 song selections on my iPhone 6+ via Bluetooth, controls are from the steering wheel or mouse pad. I had a GS430 before the RCF. The touchscreen in my GS seemed easier to use than the mouse pad IMHO.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've had my white (with red int.) RCF since the end of January. Viewing the nav has not been an issue. While the infotainment control do seem Spartan in design, function is straightforward. With over a 1000 song selections on my iPhone 6+ via Bluetooth, controls are from the steering wheel or mouse pad. I had a GS430 before the RCF. The touchscreen in my GS seemed easier to use than the mouse pad IMHO.
I hope Lexus is listening, the GS430 was sort of middle ground between what their old brand image was and where they were heading into in the future, some great things about that gen of GS and some not so great things.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
is the haptic feedback at least good at what it does from your experience?

Edmunds reports they'll be reporting on their experience with it, you'll want to keep an eye out for their update; Improved Touchpad Interface - 2015 Lexus RC F Long-Term Road Test

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't understand why companies are reluctant to use touch screens in cars. They are so much more intuitive than the various alternatives tried so far - the inverted mouse, the trackpad, the knobs and dials. Or - have both. A touch screen AND a trackpad or mouse, and let the driver decide.

The IS 250 touch screen is not as responsive as an iPad, but that's only because it uses old technology. I'd love to see the equivalent of an iPad Mini with retina display slotted into the Lexus dash.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I was actually thinking about how they can give people the option to choose between a track pad or knob to use and a good way to go about this is to turn the current lexus pad into a telescoping cylinder, just like what the Range Rover Evoque has but unlike them, make the top of it the track pad.

If you don't want to use the track pad, have it move up and then you can grip it with your hand, turning and pressing to click ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts