Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Auto Extremist he is, although he praises the RC-F for breaking from traditionally tepid Lexus design and product planning...

Memo to Infiniti: Sit Down, Shut Up. And Take Notes. Juxtaposed hard up against the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge was the 2015 Lexus RC F Lexus performance coupe. With 450+ horsepower from its 5.0-liter, 32-valve V8 and more than 383 lb.-ft. torque, a Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD) and a newly calibrated eight-speed Sports Direct Shift (SPDS) transmission with paddle shifters, the sheer presence of this new F model from Lexus made the Infiniti look amateurish by comparison. As in not even close. Yeah, coupes do usually look better, but that’s no excuse. Executed with a taut restraint that most Japanese designs lack, the Lexus RC F flat embarrassed its direct competitor at Infiniti. And deservedly so, I might add. I’m beginning to think Lexus just may pull off this transformation into becoming a purveyor of spirited high-performance machines. And this after 25 years of selling bland-tastic somnolence. Who knew?
Check out the rest of his summations on the 2014 NAIAS, its quite a good read. A kaleidoscope of the pretty good, the really bad and the just plain ugly. Plus a special Bunny Rabbit Express to Nowhere thrown in for good measure. Welcome to The Land of Overpromise and Underdeliver, otherwise known as the 2014 Detroit Auto Show.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You could hardly say that Lexus makes bland cars anymore. Between the RC-F and the LF-NX, Lexus has turned up the volume more than a few notches with its vehicle design. I feel like Lexus is one company that is pushing the boundaries of vehicle design. Unlike other companies they aren't afraid to make production vehicles that are extreme. Other companies might take a risk on their concept cars but they reign it in so much once they take them to production.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I wouldn't say lexus made bland cars. before they were just true luxury cars without any sportiness to them, but they did have big high output engines at the time. Now they're much more refined, almost like a BMW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts