Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
If theres any color that the carbon hood blends well with its going to be the black. You would have to look closely at it to know its carbon. Not like white wheres it in your face.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This looks so much better than the other carbon fiber model we saw that was in white. The contrast between the white and carbon was too much, but this one makes much more sense.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
This is what i have always wanted to see ever since seeing the carbon model and hearing about it. They should have showed this along with the white one. Was always a fan of what black and carbon fiber looks like, even the hood vent looks better.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Oh, I didn't notice the hood vent until you said. Why do you think it looks better than on the white Lexus RC F Carbon Fiber model? The hood is still black on the white version.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The angles those pictures were taken at and the fact that the whole car is black does a better job at taking your attention away from the vent, much unlike the picture of that white one.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yea, I agree that it looks better integrated into the design as a whole when everything is black.

Do you think that there are any colors other than black that would look good with the carbon fiber hood?

I also think that matte black would look nice with the carbon fiber. And I am thinking yellow might too, but I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Aside from black, in order... blue, red. Since they are darker color, it help. just about any dark color.

Matte could look great, i'm not too much of a fan of it, rather have black paint, it just adds more life to the car.

Yellow might look good.... black and yellow always looks great:

:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The black does look really good though. I don't know if there will be another color combo that can really top that. Red and blue would be good, but one thing is for sure, and we have agreed on this, the white with the carbon fiber hood is not a good choice.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great pictures once again, as hard as black is to maintain and keep clean... i wouldn't mind the extra effort just to have a black rc-f and to keep it as clean as i typically like my cars to be.

The black does look really good though. I don't know if there will be another color combo that can really top that. Red and blue would be good, but one thing is for sure, and we have agreed on this, the white with the carbon fiber hood is not a good choice.
I hope they offer more interior and exterior color options as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Investing in a good detail job does help with keeping the black finish in better condition than most are able to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts