Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some new photos of the new Lexus RC F in real life cruising around Southern California. The great thing about these photos is that they show off some optional rims that are available for the RC F.

These rims don't have center caps badged with a chromed "L"to prove it, but the design appears to be inspired by the ones you find on the 2014 GS 450h F SPort. The difference being that these rims have a bigger distance between the spokes and a flatter design, while the center gets pushed inward.

SO what do you think of these rims? Are they the ones for you?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I dont like those rims at all, another thing i dont like is the chrome window trim. I know I will black out the trim if and when i get my own

·
Banned
742 Posts
anyone else notice the bumpers are unpainted black plastic... I wonder if its testing an optional body kit or something...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does, maybe it's because they aren't painted. im sure once it's body colored it will look just right.
I think that's true. The only reason it look weird is because it is painted different from the rest of the body of the car. I don't think anyone is planning on having the front bumper be a different color from the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I think that's true. The only reason it look weird is because it is painted different from the rest of the body of the car. I don't think anyone is planning on having the front bumper be a different color from the rest of the car.
Yeah.
It's likely raw material, polyurethane is black and does give this exact look.

Another thing to suggest is that they're still making changes to the rear bumper if it's like that.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its quite possible that it is just a stand in bumper while they choose exactly what to do with the bumper or simply because they want to keep it a secret. I can't see why they would leave it unpainted if the whole rest of the car is painted properly. Doesn't really make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Its quite possible that it is just a stand in bumper while they choose exactly what to do with the bumper or simply because they want to keep it a secret. I can't see why they would leave it unpainted if the whole rest of the car is painted properly. Doesn't really make sense to me.
Yeah or maybe just a quick mock up, nothing completely finalized, it might have even come out of some low production mold they put together for it. Definitely some GOOD reason for this.

Welcome to the forum :)
likely it is and likely it isn't. I know for a fact car makers can have quite a lot of test mules out at once, sometimes in the hundreds or just double digit.

·
Registered
295 Posts
anyone else notice the bumpers are unpainted black plastic... I wonder if its testing an optional body kit or something...
It is a possibility but with these Testers on the road anything is possible just be glad we are no longer seeing zebra skin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts