Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i work for Lexus here in Texas. Hoping to join this site to see what others are doing aftermarket to their new RC's... i Can't find anything yet as far as suspension or spoilers(other than factory) or a front lip on the market yet... So far i have vinyl wrapped my front grill (chrome) in matte black and did same to window trim. Also de-badged the rear other than the L (regretting it because everyone and their mother stops me to ask what the car is) which i painted matte black to match rest of vehicle.

Hoping suspension/exhaust/front and rear lip is released soon for this car...

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where are you in TX? Yeah, nothing yet on suspension... I've been dying here. I'm on the RSR mailing list and they are developing some coils and/or springs.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have a feeling you'll be a great addition to the forum. Always great to have some people with inside knowledge.

Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Seeing these pictures have me wondering how the front end would look with the headlight and DRL chrome housing all blacked out...hmm.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lizard, I'm in Austin, TX . Thanks, I am very happy with the way the black came out on the grill and window trim. My previous car was a 2014 IS with the RSR super downs. Will most likely go with them when they release anything.

Lex/Spoon, Thanks . I am actually in sales. I just have a hobby that happens to be modding cars!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lizard, I'm in Austin, TX . Thanks, I am very happy with the way the black came out on the grill and window trim. My previous car was a 2014 IS with the RSR super downs. Will most likely go with them when they release anything.

Lex/Spoon, Thanks . I am actually in sales. I just have a hobby that happens to be modding cars!
Great choice @corbinleedav

What other modifications would you consider doing to your RC?

How far did you end up going with your IS?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ross- I lease all of my vehicles so I don't go too crazy with mods With the IS i just lowered it with a front lip. ( working at the dealership gives me some slack with doing the things I am now ) For exhaust, thinking of just doing an Electric cut out, plan on lowering it, front lip, after market rear spoiler, probably some different 19" wheels, not sure. All depends on how long I plan on keeping it!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
basically anything that can be easily undone is what you can do when it comes to a leased vehicle and in considering that... there's a good amount of things that can be done

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have leased and modded multiple cars from my dealership, it helps that i work here. You are right, anything easily put back to stock is preferred so mainly bolt ons only

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I get nervous about everything in a leased car. Spills, knicks, whatever. Remember in the end its not actually yours.
As good as it is to be mindful of that, the good thing with leasing is as long as the vehicle is returned in a good enough condition, usually they won't say/do anything. But touching up and going about repairs they could charge you a lot for is a good way to go about dealing with those things if they happen.

I have leased and modded multiple cars from my dealership, it helps that i work here. You are right, anything easily put back to stock is preferred so mainly bolt ons only
Yup.
That's why I love being on forums like this and being involved in the local car community as you see what's possible. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't want to change a single thing with a leased vehicle of mine.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
As good as it is to be mindful of that, the good thing with leasing is as long as the vehicle is returned in a good enough condition, usually they won't say/do anything. But touching up and going about repairs they could charge you a lot for is a good way to go about dealing with those things if they happen.

Yup.
That's why I love being on forums like this and being involved in the local car community as you see what's possible. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't want to change a single thing with a leased vehicle of mine.
I guess I just get the feeling that when you return the car the dealership will try to charge you for everything. Or are they more reasonable than that in your experience?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
they'll crucify you for blatant stuff... wear and tear is wear and tear...
So basically you don't have to bring it back in month condition, but anything that is actually broken or ripped or something like that is going to set you back.

i wonder if some companies are better to their leasers than others.

·
Registered
55 Posts
they will charge you for what ever they can that you make obvious, just don't make it obvious and you won't have a problem. Doing these things isn't for everyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts