Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, actively considering an RC350 with the AWD. Eagerly waiting to hear feedback from owners with AWD, especially in snow belt areas....

Cheers.

·
Banned
742 Posts
welcome to the boards BJM, info on AWD seems to be sparse at the moment. Does anyone know if AWD 350s have begun shipping to stores yet?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am assuming that you think the AWD will help you better deal with the wintery conditions of Montreal. That in combination with some snow tires should get the job done for you.

Cheers!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good point, in winter conditions having AWD does help, but of course not a requirement many folks get away with driving a FWD or RWD vehicle in winter just fine, but if you have the option you might as well go for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In winter conditions AWD>FWD>RWD. They may get away with it but with stress levels raised by a factor of many. I learned to drive in a 2WD Ford F150 in winter conditions, yes I am capable, but no one enjoys the inopportune waggle which is ultimately inevitable when channelling that much power through unweighted rear wheels that simply want to push you round. I prefer comfort and piece of mind, I will enjoy every advantage I can exploit.

Winter tires are mandatory in Quebec.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey there BJM - welcome to the forum! I have an AWD and have gotten to play in the snow with it a couple of times. So far it has done just fine - even with the sport tires my F Sport came with. My snow situation in Denver is 90% just getting out of my neighborhood to the highway - once I'm there it's smooth sailing albeit slow. I'm sure with a good set of snow tires she would handle anything you need her to.

When you use the "snow" button it tells the car to start in second gear which means less torque but also no slipping/sliding to get you moving. I purposely made the antilock brakes go off a couple of times messing around in my neighborhood. Wanted to get a feel for things and see just how far it would slide. Still learning how she handles and how much do I need to correct/give in corners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts