742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
407 Posts
bikini orange! lol

crableg.. that color is so NOT crableg

do you really want your car color to be named after that? lol
plus its a bit off... crab legs are a bit more redish.

id prefer my car color be named after this

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I think it should be something that has some relation motorsports, it would be cool if it's like that.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about....

Traffic Cone

Watch that Wall Orange

Hot Wheels Track Orange

Safety Marshall Vest Orange

Vesuvius

Naples Orange

Sicilian Sunset

Brain Earl Spilner Special

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Not that I have a better idea, but I'm not so sure we are good namers here on this forum.

"Crableg Orange?"

I think it should have something to do with Japan. I don't know much about japan, but I'm sure they have some cool historical or mythological figure that they could relate to the color orange.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I have a better idea, but I'm not so sure we are good namers here on this forum.

"Crableg Orange?"

I think it should have something to do with Japan. I don't know much about japan, but I'm sure they have some cool historical or mythological figure that they could relate to the color orange.
Kamikaze Orange?

Red Suns Shadow?

Iyokan (japanese citrus fruit?)

Agent Orange

Sweet and Sour Teriyaki

Hiroshima BOOM

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Jalopnik wrote an article about this color naming competition. One person thinks it should be called Gillette Fusion Orange, which is pretty accurate actually.

Another suggestion for the new color name is Tangerine Scream, which sounds like it could actually be the winner.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tangerine Scream? Sounds like the side effect of a citrus splash in the eyeball...

I'm still a fan of Agent Orange, but that might not go over so well, especially with the Americans who are rather sensitive about that ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Jalopnik wrote an article about this color naming competition. One person thinks it should be called Gillette Fusion Orange, which is pretty accurate actually.

Another suggestion for the new color name is Tangerine Scream, which sounds like it could actually be the winner.
i think thats a lawsuit waiting to happen

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Or the next level of corporate cross promotion. Just think about how much a company would pay to have a car color named after them.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think that Lexus has got to name this color after something that has to do with their heritage. Those color names have the chance to be iconic and distinctive. Think of Yas Marina Blue, which is named after a race track, and Estoril Blue is named after a town in Portugal that has a racing history. I just figure they have to do something like that.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I think that Lexus has got to name this color after something that has to do with their heritage. Those color names have the chance to be iconic and distinctive. Think of Yas Marina Blue, which is named after a race track, and Estoril Blue is named after a town in Portugal that has a racing history. I just figure they have to do something like that.
Yea but Yas Marina and Estoril have nothing to do with BMW heritage...

If you want heritage and racing rolled into one consider Fuji Orange or Fuji Sunburst, Exploding Fuji, Fuji Dynamo, Fuji Eclipse... rattle em off with your favorite superlative...

Fuji as in Fuji raceway, Lexus does a ton of suspension tuning there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts