Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My last coupe - the only BMW I owned, was 635csi. Great car to drive but quite unreliable. Also had a C70 convertible, and that was fun.

I really want to have the RC-F, or the RC 350-F, but last year I tried sitting in an IS 350-F: my fatness did not mold well into those seats. This means I'll have to settle for the RC350. How I wish I could have Liquid Platinum with Rioja Red interior!

Presently, I've an ES350 whose FWD does great on the occasional bad snows we have in Kentucky. I'm wondering if I should get an AWD or do you think that the RWD won't be too bad? What about performance: will the AWD dampen it much?

Looking forward to a wonderful car and a great forum.

·
Banned
742 Posts
welcome aboard Barry! IT all comes down to if you feel the extra cost of AWD is justified for the occasional snow you deal with. RWD is manageable in snowy conditions but it is much more nerve wracking...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think it totally depends where you are located. If winter snow is common place and significant, I'd go for it, but if you won't encounter much snow usually, then I would just go for the RWD.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
as unreliable as that 6 series you had was, those things were rolling art, always loved how they looked.

have you found out when the first rc will show up in your area?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"as unreliable as that 6 series you had was, those things were rolling art, always loved how they looked."

That is so true; it was a piece of beauty. I had to get my transmission changed at 35K miles, but it drove great.

"have you found out when the first rc will show up in your area?"

Last week Oct/first week Nov.

·
Administrator
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum @BarryOToole

Once you get your RCF or Rc350-F I would love to hear the feedback and how it differs from the previous cars you own. Was there any other vehicles you considered beside this one?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
"as unreliable as that 6 series you had was, those things were rolling art, always loved how they looked."

That is so true; it was a piece of beauty. I had to get my transmission changed at 35K miles, but it drove great.

"have you found out when the first rc will show up in your area?"

Last week Oct/first week Nov.
I pass by an M6 of that same generation ever so often and it's just something you can't stop looking at, always wanted one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts