Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Similar to the IS-F but different at the same time. Could Yamaha perhaps have had involvement in the tuning of the exhaust note as with the LFA?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Exactly, eventually we should see some video of it outside somewhere getting up high in the RPM range, preferably speeding through the nurburgring :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well hopefully they can record a few more videos. I think it will be a while till we get to see it in action.. outside.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Great sounding exhaust note. It sounds pretty burly, and just seeing the RC350 from the back is a nice sight too.
@soarer why do you think that Yamaha has something to do with the exhaust note?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Lexus used Yamaha to tune the exhaust on the LFA so i assumed that just maybe they decided to use Yamaha again for this car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lexus used Yamaha to tune the exhaust on the LFA so i assumed that just maybe they decided to use Yamaha again for this car.
Hopefully you are right not sure if they would be involved in this project buwhat they did with the LFA is just incredible. The exhuast note is defines that v10 so well.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Glad you know, i also hope that they do use Yamaha for this and even for many other things. Better yet they should outsource f-sport exhaust systems to yamaha for development, i wouldn't mind paying more for that although it will be a lot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thats not a bad idea but they would have to price it just right. Otherwise aftermarket exhaust systems would take the win for upgrading.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
What do you think they would be able to price it at and still beat out aftermarket competitors? I haven't even really looked into how much aftermarket exhausts run in the first place.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
oh by the way you guys can hear bit's of the V8 getting high up in the rpm range and it sounds amazing!
it also helps that this is an official video from lexus!

·
Registered
295 Posts
What do you think they would be able to price it at and still beat out aftermarket competitors? I haven't even really looked into how much aftermarket exhausts run in the first place.
Hard to say but i think if anythign they should price it %30 cheaper than a decent priced aftermarket system.

Exhaust are not cheap Just referencing from the ISF and IS-350 exhaust systems start at around $1300.00 to $4000.00.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
it really is hard to say, they can even charge more than the competition but offer up more to a point it really justifies the cost and still get good sales.
i;m just going to wait for full details on it to come out, even pricing. as well as seeing what automotive publications have to say about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah just to play it safe its always better to wait. You never know what can happen and who will be the ones making the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yeah just to play it safe its always better to wait. You never know what can happen and who will be the ones making the exhaust.
Yes, ultimately that's what you want to do.

I think if I get impatient I might buy some used 370z to mess around with for a bit, at least when it go to sell it i can sell it close enough to what i will be paying for one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts