Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Great move on their part, there has been some slow growth within this segment for some time but from what i have noticed in the recent past is it's growing, more of them on the road

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This type of vehicle has appeal for many urban customers. It is a limited market though. The car really only caters to a select type of person. I think that it can be a success if they do a good job. I only say that because there have been many examples of bad city cars in the past.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lexus models don't strike me as simply fancy Toyotas. I don't think that they would do that here. If it is based on the Yaris, I think they will do a good job of differentiating it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Lexus models don't strike me as simply fancy Toyotas. I don't think that they would do that here. If it is based on the Yaris, I think they will do a good job of differentiating it.
Years ago that was the case, but these days there's a much bigger divide between the two, the former just wouldn't fly in today's really competitive industry.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Years ago that was the case, but these days there's a much bigger divide between the two, the former just wouldn't fly in today's really competitive industry.
Years ago though Lexus were simply rebadged JDM Toyotas, there was no market overlap and no one was the wiser. Which is the large difference between what Lexus does and what GM does...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Years ago though Lexus were simply rebadged JDM Toyotas, there was no market overlap and no one was the wiser. Which is the large difference between what Lexus does and what GM does...
That's what I liked about Lexus and Toyota even years ago, there was still some great differences with their american models from both brands.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I agree with that one. Especially since they are targeting the compact market.
But the Toyota would be using the same thing for Toyota, Scion and Lexus. They would just put some different badges on them. I hope that they don't get lazy and make sure that each model is unique and good on its own merits.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
that sort of lazy won't cut it these days
and that teaser sort of proves to me they haven't conformed to that laziness, but of course that was only a teaser, need to see the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do Lexus vehicles usually run on Toyota platforms, or do they have their own dedicated platforms? I suppose it could also be a mixed bag.

I don't think it is the worst thing to share platforms since that is what Lincoln is doing and that is working out pretty well for them. What I mean is that you can't tell easily that it is just a rebadged model. That is the key, and I don't think that Lexus will fall into the trap.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
As a city car, it can be very practical just looking at its proportions and getting a sense of what interior space and what ever little cargo space it has will be like...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts