Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car and Driver says they have the inside scoop on the soon to debut SC

PLATFORM: The SC is the first offering on a new platform that will be shared with the next-generation LS and other models. At launch, this coupe will be rear-drive, but four-wheel drive might be added later.

POWERTRAIN: Initially, the SC will use a version of the 5.0-liter V-8 currently making 467 horsepower in the GS F and RC F. (A hybrid is also likely at launch).
But with a 640-hp Cadillac CTS-V available, to say nothing of AMGs and M cars, Lexus knows that its naturally aspirated 5.0 is a bit overmatched. So it will follow the lead of the Germans and produce a twin-turbo version of its V-8 to power an F edition of the car.

ESTIMATED ARRIVAL & PRICE: Expect the production SC to be unveiled at an early 2016 auto show with an on-sale date later that year. Price should be in the $80,000-to-$95,000 range.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I find it strange on the concept above that part of the grille is done in vertical slats and the bottom part is done in a fishnet weave. I think it would look better if the whole grille was either one or the other.
Agree, consistency in the front center grille is needed I bet even Lexus' design studio would agree with that as we've never seen anything like that from them ever.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.