Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

Lexus Safety System +

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  2DoorFan 
#1 ·
Will be new for 2015, will be on all models by the end of 2017...

Lexus Safety System +’’ combines Lane Departure Assist (LDA), Adaptive High Beam (AHB), Pre-Crash Safety System (PCS) with a pedestrian detection function, and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Also included will be the newly introduced Road Sign Assist (RSA)
Toyota Europe News

#2 ·
Have you guys seen this video that shows some of the potential flaws in the pedestrian detection function. Guess you can't expect to be stopped from hitting people if you are going over 25 mph. Consumer Reports even says the system failed sometimes when the car was traveling at just 10 mph. I'm sure they fixed these issues at this point though.

#4 ·
It does seem like it is a bit of a race to see who can put out a autonomous drive system first. I just wonder if whoever is first will have a good system, or if it will be plagued with flaws. It could end up being quite unsafe if it is not done right. Imagine your car barreling through a pedestrian and you aren't even driving.

Do they charge the company with murder or something?

#6 ·
I'm reading wikipedia on LLCs and its a bit confusing. Seems like some political legal special interest thing. The fact that the first one in the US was made as "special interest legislation for an oil company" does not make me have good feelings towards them.

Good point though. I guess companies don't have to worry quite as much about stuff like this as long as they are an LLC.

#8 · (Edited)
An LLC is a company, but not a corporation. The LLC (Limited Liability Company) was invented for the small business that wanted the protection from liability enjoyed by corporations but could not afford the overhead of maintaining the corporate structure. The LLC is a hybrid of the partnership and the corporation: its owners have the limited liability of a corporation, but the entity and its owners are taxed as if a partnership, and the structure is much more flexible than the corporate structure. Like a corporation, it is a separate legal entity. For the most part, if a company gets too big (too many owners), it will convert to a corporation; thus, an LLC is usually a smaller company. There is no legal special interest thing, other than an uncharacteristic effort by state governments to make business a little more realistic and a little easier for small entities. And quit going to Wikipedia for reliable information.

#13 ·
Wikipedia is sometimes accurate, but is never reliable, and I know of no context in which citing it as an authority is acceptable. Perhaps it is because, in the Wiki, anyone can write anything about any subject, regardless of training, education or credentials. This is taught to high school students. As a starting point for one's research, it might have some value, but it should never be your ending point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.