Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoying reading all the threads and posts! I've seen some threads, but a little older and I’m looking at reliability of the range. Wondering what are some problems or issues that happen to the below engines and other parts of the running gear. Also, other than the engine, what are some items to commonly go wrong or to pay attention to etc?
  • 2.0 L 8AR-FTS I4-T (200t)
  • 2.5 L 2AR-FSE I4 (300h)
  • 3.5 L 2GR-FKS V6 (350)
  • 5.0 L 2UR-GSE V8 (F)
If you have some personal experience, that’d be great! I want to learn as much as possible, please include your model in the answers!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a '15 RC350 at the moment. This is my 4th Lexus I've had. 2 ES, 1 IS in the past.
These cars are some of the most reliable/dependable vehicles on the planet. You can nit-pick
on the Toyota line with endless opinions on what repairs and engine problems but with me,
I've done almost zero. Tires, batteries, oil changes, brakes, and so on. Normal maintenance stuff.
I've had several German cars over the years as well. This ain't the story with those guys.
I don't have room here to list the endless problems with those. Nothing really major, just
something all the time. The Lexus/Toyota brand as a whole, way ahead of the German
bunch on maintenance and reliability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts