Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, how are you? Hopefully, everything is going well for you guys & gals. I finally got the chance to test drive the Lexus RC F this past Sunday @Lexus, of Cerritos in Los Angeles, California. I understand that lots of members are not from America and just wanted people to know.

Anyways, I will post pictures of the RC F that I was given to test run. Unfortunately, I wanted the Ultrasonic Blue Mica but test drove the White Exterior with Black Leather Interior with Premium Package, Mark Levinson upgrade, the 20 Spoke Forged Alloyupgraded wheels, moonroof, leather seats, and a few smaller extras.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go on the 605 freeway because of an accident but driving on the side streets was fine by me. In a few words: It was Fu**ing Amazing And my max speed was only 45mph. The salesman told me to open her up but I refused because of safety for him, in all due respect for another human life. I only drove in ECO Mode but it was fun enough. Once I buy this baby in September or sooner, as planned, I will get plenty of time to play with her.

Since I drove the RC350 F Sport a few months ago, I still remember everything about it. I find that the RCF, was awesome in seats, looks, V8 revving engine and so forth. The brakes felt the same, acceleration, of course, was much more powerful and hearing her purr at 25mph was Orgasmic, in a non sexual way. Hehe.. The sounds from the interior was just fantastic and it's so different from the YouTube videos. If you really want and need to experience the RCF, just test drive her and see if you like or dislike it.

Of course, it's not for everyone but every single person has their own opinion whether it's positive or negative but at least, test drive an RCF before talking crap shi*. I do understand that we have members from BMW, Mercedes, Porshe, Audi, Acura, GMC, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and etc. Anyways, the price tag was around $76000.00+ excluding taxes. I didn't need to negotiate because I have my own plans to buy elsewhere.

I definitely loved the Service from Longo Lexus and Lexus Of Cerritos. Both offer great customer service, very clean locations, vast selection of vehicles and so forth. I do NOT work or have any affiliation with or for Lexus and not trying to blow smoke up your a**. Yes, they are a Luxury and high end and have a reputation to upkeep. This will be my first Lexus, and I am very impressed with everything, so far. Until I experience their repairs and maintenance department, I will keep you posted.

On a final note, I love the Lexus RCF and I find the interior way better than the RC350 F Sport. Somehow, it seems much more fitting to my body at 5'2 than the RC350. Could it be the seats or slightly different from seating design? Not trying to bash the RC350 but it was a little off for me seating wise. I still don't like that tiny glove department, no sliding gauges on the RCF, like the RC350, no folding rear seat either. Each one has their plus's and minuse's. Overall, the RCF will be my Final Choice. I already contacted my car insurance from State Farm. My rates are very reasonable for a 42 male with a $500 deductible with no accidents, no DUI, no infractions, no speeding tickets and etc. It's only $153.01 per month for full coverage.

Sincerely,
Akiho-Yoshizawa

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great review.
Opening up the RC-F is something I hope you have on your list sometime soon. Might be worth asking around for some track even Lexus might be setting up as some car makers do that to get owners familiar with the potential of specific vehicles.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks for this review. I like that you do some comparison between the RC350 and the RC F. You do give up a bit of practicality with the RC F, but that is worth the extra power and fun you get out of it in my opinion.

You should have a good experience with Lexus customer service. They get great marks in reliability and customer service.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great review.
Opening up the RC-F is something I hope you have on your list sometime soon. Might be worth asking around for some track even Lexus might be setting up as some car makers do that to get owners familiar with the potential of specific vehicles.
Hi, DCRH

Thanks and I am really looking forward to buying the RCF by September. The main reason is, when the 2016 model comes out, hopefully, there will be a discount for the 2015's. If not, I will still buy it regardless.

Yes, thanks for the idea for a Track Run but I am NOT the racing type of person, just regular streets and freeway is just perfect. Yes, I do love speeding but I am really scared of getting my insurance rates jacked up and I don't like the idea of wearing a helmet either. Hehe.. plus, there are way too many rules and regulations on Tracks to follow. Yes, I do understand it is for the safety of Staff, Drivers, volunteers and etc. but I like to do my own thing. Plus, pushing my engine when it's brand new is a no-no for me. I will definitely keep her under 75-85mph until I hit 3000 miles. Plus, she is my Baby and I will treat her like a Princess. Hehe..

Yes, I had a few friends inviting me some car driving experience on with other brands but I am too in love with the RCF. Yes, I am a little stubborn but prefer Japanese Imports only, except for Lamborghini's. I really love the Aventador but would never be able to afford one, in reality. Anyways, also, other Lexus vehicles don't really interest me.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this review. I like that you do some comparison between the RC350 and the RC F. You do give up a bit of practicality with the RC F, but that is worth the extra power and fun you get out of it in my opinion.

You should have a good experience with Lexus customer service. They get great marks in reliability and customer service.

Hi, Lex Luther

Thank you for your comment and it was just mind blowing just sitting in the front seat. Like I mentioned before, the RC350 is awesome too but since I can afford the RCF might as well, right?

Sitting in the RCF felt very comfortable, compact, and the center console seemed more reachable for me too. Somehow, on the RC350, the navigation screen seemed deeper into the middle dashboard. The RCF, was correctly aligned to my height and sight. Oh, I didn't even raise the seat either on both cars. I just moved them forward because I am only 5'2" in height. Of course, the seats were made like a racing style in the RCF compared to the RC350.

Hearing the V8 engine roar was nice too which you don't get with the RC350. Looks wise, the rear quad exhausts look awesome, the side, rear end, and front hood and grill look much more aggressive too. I should have sat in the backseat just to test it out. In the RC350, I fit perfectly because of my petite frame. The salesman opened the trunk for me and it was quite spacious too. It's more than enough room in the trunk in the RC F for someone like me.

I do have a few Family members and friends who own a Lexus and not one single major complaint on their vehicles or service. I am also a very proud owner of a Toyota for 13+ years and absolutely happy with the reliability and services. I don't think there will be a problem with the transition over to Lexus. Hehe..

Now it's just a waiting period and hopefully, there is some kind of special promotion for the RCF in the following months. I am still sticking to my September purchase but you never know with these car manufacturers with all kinds of special offers for the summer. Hehe.. I now fully understand and see the price difference of $15000 to $20000+/- from an RC350 F Sport to the RC F. If you have a budget and can afford the RC F, go for it. If not, the RC350 or RC350 F Sport are great choices too.

The only things I would like to add are: legal tinted windows, all weather package, and some minor interior LED lighting in the the floors. I am still googling for car wraps too. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Waiting for end of the year discounts is a good call on your part.
In the process you just might avoid any initial issues that the RC's might have, thankfully so far they seem to be more problem free than many other new vehicles have been.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up my RC F Sport yesterday and yes horsepower does make a difference from the aspect of pick up (speed) from the F. The two differences on the interiors of the F and F Sport are the seats and the way the instrument cluster is laid out. In either case the seats are very form fitting for a more slender person. My F Sport sits next to my Corvette. If I want speed and handling I take out the Vette. I have had 4 Lexus over the past 15 years and they are great cars but the F tries to be a luxury sports car but it leaves something to be desired. Forgetting the Z06 Corvettes today can be had for much less than an F and they would beat the pants off the F. Don't get me wrong I think the styling of the F is great but for the money the Vette wins hands down. BTW I love the F Sport.

One last thing to consider is if you wait till the end of the MY you may not get a good choice of colors or options. Good Luck I hope you get your car sooner than later;)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waiting for end of the year discounts is a good call on your part.
In the process you just might avoid any initial issues that the RC's might have, thankfully so far they seem to be more problem free than many other new vehicles have been.

Hi Soarer,

Thanks for your comment and it's just 4 more months away to buy my RCF. Luckily, I am extremely patient right now because I am so itching every single day to drive it. In the long run, it pays off because I am saving more money for a bigger down payment too so my monthly payments are lower. Hehe.. I can buy it now but why not sacrifice a few more months to save a few thousand, bigger down, and my insurance rate might be slightly lower than a 2016 model.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up my RC F Sport yesterday and yes horsepower does make a difference from the aspect of pick up (speed) from the F. The two differences on the interiors of the F and F Sport are the seats and the way the instrument cluster is laid out. In either case the seats are very form fitting for a more slender person. My F Sport sits next to my Corvette. If I want speed and handling I take out the Vette. I have had 4 Lexus over the past 15 years and they are great cars but the F tries to be a luxury sports car but it leaves something to be desired. Forgetting the Z06 Corvettes today can be had for much less than an F and they would beat the pants off the F. Don't get me wrong I think the styling of the F is great but for the money the Vette wins hands down. BTW I love the F Sport.

One last thing to consider is if you wait till the end of the MY you may not get a good choice of colors or options. Good Luck I hope you get your car sooner than later
Hi, MKenM

Thanks for your comments and Congratulations on your Lexus RC350 F Sport purchase, buddy and hopefully, you can tell us more about her in the following weeks and months. Dud you post pictures and some comments about her yet on the forum? It is going to take awhile for me until September but it's a commitment that I am trying to make for a bigger down payment and savings for a few hundred or thousand.

Yes, unfortunately, I will have to risk NOT getting my Ultrasonic Blue Mica with all of the options that I want. Also, it's not everyday that a regular person just wants to buy a $80000.00 luxury car. I am not too worried about losing out and if I don't get my preferred color and options, I will just have to buy the 2016 RCF, then. hehe..

·
Registered
154 Posts
hi, mkenm

thanks for your comments and congratulations on your lexus rc350 f sport purchase, buddy and hopefully, you can tell us more about her in the following weeks and months. Dud you post pictures and some comments about her yet on the forum? It is going to take awhile for me until september but it's a commitment that i am trying to make for a bigger down payment and savings for a few hundred or thousand.

Yes, unfortunately, i will have to risk not getting my ultrasonic blue mica with all of the options that i want. Also, it's not everyday that a regular person just wants to buy a $80000.00 luxury car. I am not too worried about losing out and if i don't get my preferred color and options, i will just have to buy the 2016 rcf, then. Hehe..
just go get it!!! Right now!!! You will not regret it!!!

I saw it saturday night on a tv commercial and sunday night i took it home with a great deal!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts

I saw it saturday night on a tv commercial and sunday night i took it home with a great deal!!!
As tempting as that is, thinking long term with having a lower monthly payments is a nice way to deal with the whole payment process for the entire payment cycle.

Those extra few months of waiting will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi, mkenm

thanks for your comments and congratulations on your lexus rc350 f sport purchase, buddy and hopefully, you can tell us more about her in the following weeks and months. Dud you post pictures and some comments about her yet on the forum? It is going to take awhile for me until september but it's a commitment that i am trying to make for a bigger down payment and savings for a few hundred or thousand.

Yes, unfortunately, i will have to risk not getting my ultrasonic blue mica with all of the options that i want. Also, it's not everyday that a regular person just wants to buy a $80000.00 luxury car. I am not too worried about losing out and if i don't get my preferred color and options, i will just have to buy the 2016 rcf, then. Hehe..

Hi, thepro78

Hehe.. I wish I could just get it right now but it's a lot easier said, than done. How about you forking over a few thousand dollars to help finance and make my dreams come true a little faster? Wink-wink.. ;-) hehe..

All kidding aside, I am still waiting and sticking to my September purchase. I am just a regular person with no "well off" or rich background or wealthy Parents to help me out. It's all on me, buddy. I do envy you that you saw it on TV and bought it the next day. I, on the other hand make plans and calculate my financial situation, lifestyle and don't just "Wing It!" If it was just a regular car, yes, I would have bought it but $80000.00 is no small number.

I am only a few months away and my bigger down payment, 2016 to 2015 discount, lower insurance rate and lower monthly payments will make my life more pleasant. Hehe.. Very soon and I will be cruising in style like you and all other RC F Members. Like that expression, Patience Is Virtue. :)

How many miles have you clocked in so far? Anything you realky love and really don't like so far? Cosmetics? Engine wise? Navigation system? Mark Levinson Sound system? Gas mileage? Thanks in advance for any advice and your input of any details or defaults on the RC F, thepro78.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

As tempting as that is, thinking long term with having a lower monthly payments is a nice way to deal with the whole payment process for the entire payment cycle.

Those extra few months of waiting will be worth it.
Hi, DCRH,

Yes, thanks for understanding but thepro78, was only kidding. Yes, I would had loved to just sign it the paperwork last Sunday and drove off into the sunset with my beautiful Lexus RC F. Very, very soon, buddy. I might just bump up my purchase in August too because it is my birthday and what a great 43rd birthday present that would be, huh? Hehe..

Also, we get a nice yearly raise in July and a huge bonus too. It is all going to my down payment and I am looking at around $20,000.00 minimum for my down and finance 7 years. My cousin is referring me to a Credit Union in Pasadena, CA and he just signed a rate for 6 years @1.9% on a $50,000.00 loan. I am thinking mine will be around, let's say $80,000.00 out the door with $20K down, maybe $650 to $750 monthly for 7 years, estimated. I am aiming for those numbers, if not, I will have to pull out from my emergency savings, if needed. Last case scenario, of course. Uh.. I hate accounting and working with numbers.. ;-( hehe..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts