Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

Lexus RC Color Options: Red, White or Blue?

• Red

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • White

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of these 3 Lexus RC colors, which one would you go with? Vote on the poll.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Red looks the best to me. The red looks brighter in this photo than it does in the photo in the banner. I like the darker red color better I think.

Are they two separate colors or is it just a matter of the lighting?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the blue is stunning
its actually a really nice color on the ISF
it is, but i haven't really seen many IS-F's in that color, might be worth it to look at sales status to see what colors sold the most.

still love the blue

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I saw the blue on the IS F at the Canadian Auto Show. I am assuming the blue on that would be the same that is on the RC350.

It looks nice but I just find that on a car that I associate with being a sexy sports car, I think that blue isn't the sexiest color. The red just has a bit more passion in it IMO.

With the color choices that there are, I just find the red to be the most stand out color to me.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Blue is where its at. That ultrasonic is even more desireable than the others because its F and F-Sport exclusive.

You may not think that blue is a sporty color, but I think most manufacturers disagree. BMW, Jaguar and now Lexus all offer a special blue on only the top performance ranges. In fact BMW has 3 M exclusive shades of blue ;)

Oh and Uh, WRX STi. Pretty much known for one color and one color only....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
To me, the exclusivity of blue is more of an indicator of luxury than it is of performance. I still think that red is the color if you want your car to look like it wants to go fast. Blue loos great, but it is more of a sophisticated and classy color, not a speedy one.

Of course, all of this is just based on my own opinion and conceptions of each color.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To me, the exclusivity of blue is more of an indicator of luxury than it is of performance. I still think that red is the color if you want your car to look like it wants to go fast. Blue loos great, but it is more of a sophisticated and classy color, not a speedy one.

Of course, all of this is just based on my own opinion and conceptions of each color.
These are luxury vehicles too, so it makes sense they went with a tone of blue that's geared towards luxury. But what I would like to see them do is go in a direction BMW went with it's M3 and go with something not so geared toward luxury but more on the sporty side. Here's an example, BMW's Laguna Seca Blue:

·
Banned
742 Posts

if you insist...

Ever hear of french racing blue, the color of choice for Buggatis since the beginning of time :D even ferrari used to run their F1 cars around in blue

Red is passe for sports cars IMO.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just think specific tones of blue can work better than others when it comes to a performance car over others.

·
Banned
742 Posts
I just think specific tones of blue can work better than others when it comes to a performance car over others.
although truthfully the color does not make or break a sports car. A Toyota Camry in red is not inherently more sporty than a Mustang in blue. A sports car is a sports car because its a sports car, not the colour of its bonnet ;)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Just because fast cars have been painted blue in the past it doesn't mean that blue is a fast or sporty color. Sure there are some shades, especially when it is combined with racing livery, that look sporty, but I think that it is undeniable that red is the most "fast" and sporty color around. I'm glad to see you guys are so passionate about the color blue though.

Like I said before, it looks good on the RC F, I just think it makes it look like more of a luxury car than a performance car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts