Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's the word coming out from Motoring Australia:

On the wind-in-the-hair front, a convertible version of the RC is being readied for production and is expected to go on sale internationally in 2016. The ‘RC-C’ will incorporate an aluminium retractable roof to minimize weight.
A convertible version of the flagship RC F is also under “serious consideration”
This version of the RC that shouldn't come to much surprise, since months ago Lexus revealed its LF-C2 concept to the world (pictured below), hinting at what to possibly expect:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm sure it would sell well, and that color is pretty potent. A bit much for me, but I still like it. I'll be happy to see it come out.

Are you guys interested?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not a fan of ragtops. The only convertible I'd ever have is a hardtop convertible. I just don't like the looks of a ragtop when it's up.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm not a fan of ragtops. The only convertible I'd ever have is a hardtop convertible. I just don't like the looks of a ragtop when it's up.
I completely agree with you. But the hardtop roof doesn't look the best either. That is the thing I don't like about convertibles, they only look good with the roof down. Doesn't make them the most frequently used type of vehicle in Toronto, Canada.

·
Banned
742 Posts
I thought after they showed this concept everyone had the scoop that Lexus WASN'T building it... Those guys are also the source of every FRS rumor thats never ever come true...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yea I thought this wasn't happening as well, though I wouldn't be that surprised that it does happen eventually.

How many people would actually be interested in buying this anyway?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the hard top. I think the car's lines flow with a hard top. Not sure about how the lines work with a convertible. Don't really care for what I see in the picture.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I highly doubt a rag top is what they will do, if there was ever a chance for them to do that, it would have been the IS-C.

RC-C could go through, i'd like to see it, but just wouldn't buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts