Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lexus RC and RC F have both been nominated for World Car of the Year Awards in the categories of World Luxury Car and World Performance Car respectively. Both categories have stiff competition but I'd say that Lexus has a chance at taking home some hardware.

World Luxury Car Nominees:
- BMW i8
- BMW X6
- Cadillac ATS Coupe
- Cadillac Escalade
- Kia K900
- Lexus NX
- Lexus RC
- Lincoln MKC
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe
- Range Rover Autobiography Black LWB

World Performance Car Nominees:
- Audi S1
- Audi S3
- Audi TT / TTS
- Bentley Continental GT Speed
- BMW M4 Coupe / M3 Sedan
- Corvette Z06
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
- Lexus RC-F
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GT

Do you think that the RC (F) can win in either of these categories?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hellcat set the benchmark really high and the beauty of it is it could push other american car makers to rise up to that level :D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that the BMW i8 is going to win the luxury car of the year. From a design and technology stand point I think it stands out.

I could see the Hellcat winning performance car, but it could also be the RC F or the F-Type.

Some cars that don't have a chance: K900 and ATS Coupe.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hellcat is a serious contender, chances of it taking a spot like that is looking really good to me, hopefully even if it doesn't win that it at least ranks well enough.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so surprised that the K900 is nominated though. It hasn't been popular at all. And the name is terrible. Makes it sound like it is a robot dog.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm so surprised that the K900 is nominated though. It hasn't been popular at all. And the name is terrible. Makes it sound like it is a robot dog.
same here
didn't even think a kia would make the list, but they did, great accomplishment for them

·
Registered
295 Posts
First Will.I.AM Now Lebron.....

They go to keep these guys seperate from advertising in a completely different field. You'll never see a David Suzuki Mercedes V12 sedan...

Keep these clowns out of this industry lol.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How they go about designing a next generation model of that sedan is something i'm looking forward to, especially when they just showed off this thing...

kia is stepping it up.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First Will.I.AM Now Lebron.....

They go to keep these guys seperate from advertising in a completely different field. You'll never see a David Suzuki Mercedes V12 sedan...

Keep these clowns out of this industry lol.
Well if David Suzuki endorsed a car it wouldn't be running on a V12 engine. Seems like Suzuki would endorse some type of zero emissions vehicle instead, just saying...

As for this sport wagon, yea I think its awesome. Kia does have some things about it that make me excited for its future. The K900 is not one of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i go for the bmw i8 (tried to buy one ) but the local dealers in miami wanted $375,000. vs list of 137 top out at 143.

and the rc f next category

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Well if David Suzuki endorsed a car it wouldn't be running on a V12 engine. Seems like Suzuki would endorse some type of zero emissions vehicle instead, just saying...

As for this sport wagon, yea I think its awesome. Kia does have some things about it that make me excited for its future. The K900 is not one of them.
While the K900 isn't nice when compared to what else you can get, it's a start for the brand, seeing how they change the K900 in future year models and generation will be something to look out for, especially when they come out with amazing things like that wagon.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While the K900 isn't nice when compared to what else you can get, it's a start for the brand, seeing how they change the K900 in future year models and generation will be something to look out for, especially when they come out with amazing things like that wagon.
I mean the K900 is just missing something. I'm sure its an okay car, but it just isn't magnetic. People aren't drawn to it. It isn't exciting people. They need to do something more to stand out to get customers. The Sportwagon grabs attention. The K900 does not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How they go about designing a next generation model of that sedan is something i'm looking forward to, especially when they just showed off this thing...

kia is stepping it up.
Not gonna lie, i'm not really a fan of KIA at all, but that sedan is something else. Very unique but also very eye catching design. Must see in person to get an idea of what it really looks like. I know camera angles can make a any car look ten times better. What is this model called and when will it available for purchase?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts