Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JD Power has released yet another ranking, this time it is its Vehicle Dependability Study. It focuses on the long-term reliability of vehicles by monitoring defects, malfunctions and design-related issues with three-year old vehicles still being driven by their original owners.

The most problem prone areas of modern vehicles are related to Bluetooth connectivity and voice recognition. Another problem area was automatic transmission shift quality.

Lexus, unsurprisingly, ranked first in this study, as it has very consistently over the past 4 years.

Here is what Autoguide had to say about Lexus' top ranking.

Lexus topped all rivals with a jaw-dropping score of just 89 problems per 100 vehicles. That’s an industry-leading performance, but what do you expect from Toyota’s luxury division? Their ES was the top-rated compact premium car while the GX was the No. 1 midsize premium SUV. Their CT and RX were both strong competitor as well. This is the fourth consecutive year Lexus has been the best in J.D. Power’s Vehicle Dependability Study.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's really good to know. Creates a great well being for lexus owners and new buyers. I can't wait to get my hand on a RC-F and know its going to be well worth the purchase. :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So embarrassing for Land Rover. It's a luxury brand and is way, way below what is the industry average.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
fortunately that doesn't seem to be affecting them too much.
there are a lot of their vehicles out on the road, hard to avoid going the RR route if you can afford it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fortunately that doesn't seem to be affecting them too much.
there are a lot of their vehicles out on the road, hard to avoid going the RR route if you can afford it.
I don't have to buy the most dependable brand around, but I would stay away from the least dependable ones. I just hate buying brand new things and having them break down. I wouldn't take the chance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my 4th Lexus over the past 15 years and other than routine maintenance and some minor issues it has been the best and most reliable brand I have ever owned. I do have a MB and although it it very reliable it is more expensive to maintain.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Lexus doesn't break down much, and when it does its cheaper to fix than its German rivals?

I think that if Lexus really advertised that in a creative way it could steal some sales away from the German brands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts