1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
742 Posts
I don't get the 8 speed thing, as far as I knew there was ONLY the 8 speed available? Either you've accidental stumbled into confirmation of another gear box or the AWD RC doesn't really exist ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get the 8 speed thing, as far as I knew there was ONLY the 8 speed available? Either you've accidental stumbled into confirmation of another gear box or the AWD RC doesn't really exist ;)
This is the same as the IS. RWD = 8-speed Auto, AWD = 6-speed Auto.
Check out the brochure, AWD exists, just with performance options not available.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also note other packaging compromises similar to the IS.

No Leather on F Sport
No Rain Sensing Wipers on F Sport

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have to say it would be nice to have leather in an f sport model but it's clear why they wouldn't want to do it /

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to say it would be nice to have leather in an f sport model but it's clear why they wouldn't want to do it /
For me personally the leather is the least of the issues, Nuluxe seems to be a decent product.

·
Banned
742 Posts
This is the same as the IS. RWD = 8-speed Auto, AWD = 6-speed Auto.
Check out the brochure, AWD exists, just with performance options not available.
I was just taking the piss man ;) I hadn't (haven't) heard the 6 speed mentioned ANYWHERE until now. I suppose being in Alberta AWD is important to your decision, and I see you're currently an Audi man which explains your want for performance-ish AWD...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
For me personally the leather is the least of the issues, Nuluxe seems to be a decent product.
It definitely is the least of the issues, but I think if they want to do something easy, that's it. Anything else that would really complement what the vehicle is already about will be much more technical and involved....seats are seats.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not being leather is also a good thing, if you ever have driven a car with leather seats fast on a track or just through turns with heavy acceleration and braking you would know leather seats would have you slide around a lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not being leather is also a good thing, if you ever have driven a car with leather seats fast on a track or just through turns with heavy acceleration and braking you would know leather seats would have you slide around a lot.
Then they should be offering Alcantara seating surfaces. This is the best material I have seen used on car seats.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I agree with coupe2015 that material keeps you more planted without the sliding compared to leather but the upkeep of alcantara can be a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
295 Posts
In the end i think that would be the best option possible when you consider the other materials jersey cloth mesh or just plain cloth. I dont think lexus would do that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts