Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished swapping out all interior lights including cargo light for white Led's. Except the dome light. And I must say it looks even cleaner and sexier imo! All bulbs were 168/194 bulbs which cost less then $10 on amazon

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in this particular case, the interior is yellow (plaxa) so I kept the dome light the way it is so that it accents the seating a little better whenever it is on. Plus the dome light would be a little too much brightness for me personally

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just finished swapping out all interior lights including cargo light for white Led's. Except the dome light. And I must say it looks even cleaner and sexier imo! All bulbs were 168/194 bulbs which cost less then $10 on amazon
Saw these on Amazon, do you think they will work? Cutequeen 10PCS LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 2835 4-SMD 80 Lumens 194 168 (pack of 10) price $6.49.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I switched out the footwell lights as well. Looks better IMO.

As for the bulbs themselves, Bluerc, those should work. The very specific ones that I bought are on Amazon as well, called Jtech

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I heard switching all bulbs to LED can be expensive, running into the higher hundreds, someone on a Subaru BRZ community reported nearly $1000 for everything... crazy! At least that wasn't the case here.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I heard switching all bulbs to LED can be expensive, running into the higher hundreds, someone on a Subaru BRZ community reported nearly $1000 for everything... crazy! At least that wasn't the case here.

The only way it would cost over $1K is if you are switching out the turn signals which require a load resistor each, DRL, and headlights, and had some else install them. The smaller bulbs for all the interior stuff can be bought for less than $75 if you want the better ones or less than $40 for the real cheap ones. I did all mine for less than $70 and got better ones.

Reactions: soarer

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
The only way it would cost over $1K is if you are switching out the turn signals which require a load resistor each, DRL, and headlights, and had some else install them. The smaller bulbs for all the interior stuff can be bought for less than $75 if you want the better ones or less than $40 for the real cheap ones. I did all mine for less than $70 and got better ones.
That would make sense then.

AT least with the amount of bulbs it takes to make a real difference isn't much, but some folks like to be super detailed and change out everything... i fall into that latter part.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
That would make sense then.

AT least with the amount of bulbs it takes to make a real difference isn't much, but some folks like to be super detailed and change out everything... i fall into that latter part.
The turn signals are not CANbus compliant and need to have a load resistor. The fronts wouldn't be too hard, but the backs have no room behind the rear tail light as I've already tried. The load resistor needs to then be in the trunk area in an enclosed area. I don't like this as the load resistor can get quite hot. I, like you are super detailed, but until they come up with a plug-n-play CANbus compliant front and rear turn signal it is not worth the effort. One of the guys on another forum spent about $350 for front and rear LED turn signals, and each required a load resistor. They are super bright.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.