Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far all the pictures of people on the GS350 Tanabe springs, etc, are barely lower than stock. My sister in law has a 15 IS250-FSport and she is on RS-R Super Down springs and it sits like this... Has anyone tried the Super Down GS350 springs yet? The Megan springs? Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had those same springs on my IS250 as well... I have contacted RSR and they have yet to respond..... It shows they have springs coming out on their site.... Hope they release some Super downs for it soon.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm actually quite surprised more aftermarket brands haven't come online with their own Lexus RC suspension parts as yet.

By now I would have expected a wide enough range of entry-level springs and even coils.

·
Registered
96 Posts
For just around a 1'' or 2'' drop will the Tanabe springs do the job? I'm interested in the dropping my 350 but I don't want to go too low. My neighborhood has a lot of speed bumps and a few pot holes here and there. 1'' to 2'' will be perfect for going over speed bumps without causing under damage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For just around a 1'' or 2'' drop will the Tanabe springs do the job? I'm interested in the dropping my 350 but I don't want to go too low. My neighborhood has a lot of speed bumps and a few pot holes here and there. 1'' to 2'' will be perfect for going over speed bumps without causing under damage.
The tanabe will suffice but look them up and you wont even see a noticeable drop over stock height.... But to each their own, personally im waiting on something around 2" or more.... nothing out yet

·
Registered
354 Posts
I want to go springs but I fear having springs that make my car sag a bit in the rear, especially once the springs have been "broken in" and settle to their broken in level. Even more of a reason for me to go for coils.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Which brands will most likely be coming out with 2'' or more drops? Just curious so I can be on the look out for them. It always good to be the first :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd go coils over springs any day. Doubtful a company would make a spring that lowers the car 2inches or more. They like to stick around 1.5 tops. Going air is the most expensive yet best possible rout. Change height at any time, highway at 75, a small bump in the road, speed bumps, etc. pretty amazing set up they have now. I'd always been a coils guy but I'll never go back after having air.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd go coils over springs any day. Doubtful a company would make a spring that lowers the car 2inches or more. They like to stick around 1.5 tops. Going air is the most expensive yet best possible rout. Change height at any time, highway at 75, a small bump in the road, speed bumps, etc. pretty amazing set up they have now. I'd always been a coils guy but I'll never go back after having air.
That would make a lot of sense.

Usually people looking for springs want a minimal drop and minimal increase in performance. Going more extreme just amounts to a waste of time. People who want to go lower usually want a range of adjust ability..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm still trying to find springs for my RC 350 AWD without the F-Sport package. Tanabe told me to check my local dealer to see if they were the same part number. My local dealer told me that not only is the part number different, but the picture of the springs don't remotely look alike. Ugh...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts