Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m having a strange intermittent issue with my car, and I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this or may have any idea what’s going on. Bringing it to the dealership keeps falling on me because I can’t make it repeat what it’s doing. It only does it at random times! Anyway here goes.

I have a 2019 Lexus RC 350. Extremely randomly, when I start it, the electronics act up. The little clock in the middle of the dash spins round and round, (then will stop and go backwards to the correct time) all of the settings I had my temperature set to will change, (as an example I had the heat on and it was set to floor and defrost, fan level 2; but when it did this it was suddenly on AC and fan level in high) and the stereo will reset to channel 1 (on Sirius XM). There’s no rhyme or reason to when it happens.

Periodically my interior lights right up in the center will just turn on by themselves. They are all touch lights, but I don’t ever put my hand up there for any reason so I know I didn’t ‘accidentally’ touch them.

And finally another time, (just a couple days ago) I was sitting at a red light waiting to make a right turn, and when I hit the gas pedal (tried to go quickly before cross traffic got the green light lol), the car sputtered and almost died.. and all the different warning lights flashed for like a half a second. Then it was fine.

Have any of you had any of these words issues???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all! I’m having a strange intermittent issue with my car, and I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this or may have any idea what’s going on. Bringing it to the dealership keeps falling on me because I can’t make it repeat what it’s doing. It only does it at random times! Anyway here goes.

I have a 2019 Lexus RC 350. Extremely randomly, when I start it, the electronics act up. The little clock in the middle of the dash spins round and round, (then will stop and go backwards to the correct time) all of the settings I had my temperature set to will change, (as an example I had the heat on and it was set to floor and defrost, fan level 2; but when it did this it was suddenly on AC and fan level in high) and the stereo will reset to channel 1 (on Sirius XM). There’s no rhyme or reason to when it happens.

Periodically my interior lights right up in the center will just turn on by themselves. They are all touch lights, but I don’t ever put my hand up there for any reason so I know I didn’t ‘accidentally’ touch them.

And finally another time, (just a couple days ago) I was sitting at a red light waiting to make a right turn, and when I hit the gas pedal (tried to go quickly before cross traffic got the green light lol), the car sputtered and almost died.. and all the different warning lights flashed for like a half a second. Then it was fine.

Have any of you had any of these words issues???
First, I would have the alternator load tested and check for loose connections to it.
Next, load test battery. Dealer should be able to do both but most autoparts stores
can do this too. Check for codes that may have come up too. Let us know what you
may find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts