Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen an F-sported RC in infrared yet...

For the red exterior, the factory starts with a base coat of silver and then applies a clear coat. Then, the clear coat is covered by a translucent red coat, which is then topped with another clear coat. The four coats of paint are baked twice to set the color.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great find! Looks superb, in the right angle the silver underneath really makes the red pop. At night I would imagine you get more of a deep red without the sun.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'd also be excited to see this color in person. You just can't get a feel for how the color reacts to light without actually seeing it in the flesh. It is quite a bright and saturated red. Not for everyone, but it definitely will turn heads.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'd also be excited to see this color in person. You just can't get a feel for how the color reacts to light without actually seeing it in the flesh. It is quite a bright and saturated red. Not for everyone, but it definitely will turn heads.
just make sure you get to see it both outside in the sun with natural lighting and even in a well lit shop

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think its as deep as many will be percieving it to be, its the silver underneath that makes the red glitter. Its almost candy like...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't think its as deep as many will be percieving it to be, its the silver underneath that makes the red glitter. Its almost candy like...
I completely agree with that, and i also think no one will get a true sense for what it actually looks like until it's seen in person which gives you the best look at it and any color out there

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hopefully we will get to see this in person sooner rather than later. Do you think that it will be making any appearances at auto shows or dealer show rooms or something soon?

I'd definitely consider it for the actually color of my car. WIll this color appear on any other LExus models?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hopefully we will get to see this in person sooner rather than later. Do you think that it will be making any appearances at auto shows or dealer show rooms or something soon?

I'd definitely consider it for the actually color of my car. WIll this color appear on any other LExus models?
Looks like as of right now this color might be exclusive to the RC. I can see this being a new color added on to the Lexus' new line up.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Do you have any idea if they let people go in it, or if they just let them peek inside with the door open?

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think so, these came from a guy who ran across the RC before it left for the show, supposedly the LExus guys were at some coffee shop and he struck up the convo with them .

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Yeah i figured they wouldn't let anyone in it.
Fortunately Scion let people in the FR-S at the meets it showed up at, which happened months before it came out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I spoke to a friend who attend that meet and go figure, they didnt let anyone in but left the windows rolled down but the door is locked.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Interesting.

It makes me wonder why they didn't let anyone in but let them look inside.

Any idea?
At a dealership sure let them in but at a random car meet with teeenages who dont even have a proper license? forget about it. its another reason why they dont have shift knobs at car shows. Kids steal them or vandalize who know. Better to be safe than sorry right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts