Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this might be a stupid question, but how do you embed a YouTube video into a thread or a response?

Thanks,
Peter

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just tried in my original thread and all it did was post the URL. No video showed up. :crying:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I just tried in my original thread and all it did was post the URL. No video showed up. :crying:
hmmm...

Usually you should just have to delete the s from the url like I said before. Its just the url other than that, no other html things have to go around it. I will say that every once in a while it doesn't work for me, but generally that should work.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm...

Usually you should just have to delete the s from the url like I said before. Its just the url other than that, no other html things have to go around it. I will say that every once in a while it doesn't work for me, but generally that should work.
I think I found the reason why it didn't work. I went to the formatting menu and clicked on Insert link icon, put in the URL w/o the "s".

What I should have done is just put the YouTube URL link directly into the text area w/o the "s". Live and learn. Thanks so much for getting back to me. :D

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Usually it's the 's' and everything after the '&' sign that you have to remove, then it embeds.

Ok, I just entered in the YouTube video URL w/o the "s" and w/o the '&" sing and everything to the right of it, and it still only just shows the URL link. Does the embedded video appear after I can't edit the post any longer?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
OK, I finally understand which YouTube URL I'm supposed to use as YouTube gives you a few different URL's to work with. I am to use the one that has "watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx" in it. I just tried all three that they gave me, and the only one to work was the one that had "watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx" in it minus the items you indicated to omit. Finally I got this. Sorry for being thickheaded about this. :confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
OK, I finally understand which YouTube URL I'm supposed to use as YouTube gives you a few different URL's to work with. I am to use the one that has "watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx" in it. I just tried all three that they gave me, and the only one to work was the one that had "watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxx" in it minus the items you indicated to omit. Finally I got this. Sorry for being thickheaded about this. :confused:
It's a PITA, I don't get why embedding these onto forums couldn't be easier but that's the way it is. If its a link (no matter how its formatted from youtube) can take you to the video it should embed... but clearly there's only one way it works here.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a PITA, I don't get why embedding these onto forums couldn't be easier but that's the way it is. If its a link (no matter how its formatted from youtube) can take you to the video it should embed... but clearly there's only one way it works here.
I agree, but I think it depends on the software that the site was built with and that determines how you do it.

On Club Lexus Forum it's just take the "s" out and drop it into the body of the response and it works. I now made a note so when I post a video again I know which way I am to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts