Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
From the looks of it, it sure seems like that would be the case as there's nothing noticeably different going on with size and fitment of the 'housing'.

I bet the guys working at the parts desk at any Lexus dealership should be able to tell you if it's a direct swap or not as the service manuals they have access to will show the difference in part numbers for hardware and parts involved.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I suppose the main obstacle is figuring out if you can order the other grille. If you can order the part then I would think that you should be able to swap them.

·
Banned
742 Posts
I suppose the main obstacle is figuring out if you can order the other grille. If you can order the part then I would think that you should be able to swap them.
That doesn't make sense. You can order a fuel pump for an RX350 no problem...unfortunately when you go to install that in your RC it simply doesn't care that you were 'able to order one' because it wont fit...

Rule One: Measure twice, Cut once... If you bought shoes one size smaller, would they fit?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
That doesn't make sense. You can order a fuel pump for an RX350 no problem...unfortunately when you go to install that in your RC it simply doesn't care that you were 'able to order one' because it wont fit...

Rule One: Measure twice, Cut once... If you bought shoes one size smaller, would they fit?
^ Exactly.

Following through with what I mentioned is a sure fire way to find any differences since you're being told what exact parts make up the assembly, hence measure twice, cut once. It just won't be cheap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just don't see why the grilles would be different sizes. Pretty certain they are the same size. Correct me if I am wrong.
apart from being a different size... where do they even sell them... i went to my dealer and they dont have them for sale... they are not for sale online either...

·
Registered
103 Posts
apart from being a different size... where do they even sell them... i went to my dealer and they dont have them for sale... they are not for sale online either...
Yea.. I work for a Lexus dealer... it is not a stand alone piece.... you have to order the whole front bumper assembly.... Had a client wreck his and the body shop is having trouble even getting parts for it because it is so new...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea.. I work for a Lexus dealer... it is not a stand alone piece.... you have to order the whole front bumper assembly.... Had a client wreck his and the body shop is having trouble even getting parts for it because it is so new...
WOW I feel lucky. I backed into my daughters car 2weeks after I bought mine and cracked the rear bumper. I was really afraid with it being so new I would have issues. Called the dealership and they said no problem. It was Christmas week. They called me the Monday after Christmas. Picked my car up on Tuesday and delivered it back to me 2 hours later. Was I relieved at the thought of not driving my new RC around for months waiting for a bumper.

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW I feel lucky. I backed into my daughters car 2weeks after I bought mine and cracked the rear bumper. I was really afraid with it being so new I would have issues. Called the dealership and they said no problem. It was Christmas week. They called me the Monday after Christmas. Picked my car up on Tuesday and delivered it back to me 2 hours later. Was I relieved at the thought of not driving my new RC around for months waiting for a bumper.
did u not have the sensors and rear view camera on?

My RC beeps for every little thing...f you are too close on the right... if you are too close on the left... too close in the front... too close in the back....

even if you fart in the car the seat will start beeping...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry just a dumb A$$ moment. Everything was on and beeping. I think everything was so new (first week) I just had a blank maybe overwhelmed beeper/flasher/warning moment. Also, it was dark out, not an excuse but the best I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
did u not have the sensors and rear view camera on?

My RC beeps for every little thing...f you are too close on the right... if you are too close on the left... too close in the front... too close in the back....

even if you fart in the car the seat will start beeping...
Yup, it should even be sensitive enough that some dirt build up on the sensor would trigger it to go off, having you've run right into some object Lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
sorry just a dumb a$$ moment. Everything was on and beeping. I think everything was so new (first week) i just had a blank maybe overwhelmed beeper/flasher/warning moment. Also, it was dark out, not an excuse but the best i can come up with.
it happens mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought the rc350 vs the f sport because of the wood grain/ carbon fiber trim option. I thought it would be easier to buy the f-sport grill than change out the carbon fiber trim. Anyways, has anyone had the chance to find out if a f-sport grill is easily installed on the rc350

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went to my dealer where i bought my rc, and they told me i have to order the whole bumper, but i feel like their just saying that because they wanna make money. Im sure some oem parts or aftermarket parts will come out , we just have to give lexus and companys time just like with every other modifaction or performance part we're waiting for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts