Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus completely dominates consumer reports reliability rankings once again...

The IS 350 took top spot in Luxury Compact Cars, and the CT 200h & ES 300h finished first and second in Hybrid/Electric Cars.

The LS 460, ES 350, and GS 350 were first, second, and fourth in the Luxury Midsized/Large Cars category, while the Lexus RX 350, RX 450h, and GX 460 took the top three spots in Luxury Midsized/Large SUVs.

Additionally, the CT 200h was first overall as the most reliable vehicle in the study.
http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2014-10/81798343-27151634.pdf

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
So what is this actually a measure of though? Is it problems per 100 vehicles or something like that?

Good to see that Lexus and Toyota are consistently on top . That is one of the major reasons why I am a fan of Lexus. Having a car that works properly and consistently is really important to me. I'd rather have that than some other car that may be better in one way, but is way more likely to break down.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not surprised at all, overall they have been great. I'm on a number of forums, some on american and european vehicles and it's always the Toyota/Lexus forums that I notice the least amount of complains from.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what is this actually a measure of though? Is it problems per 100 vehicles or something like that?

Good to see that Lexus and Toyota are consistently on top . That is one of the major reasons why I am a fan of Lexus. Having a car that works properly and consistently is really important to me. I'd rather have that than some other car that may be better in one way, but is way more likely to break down.
Read the PDF they outline their methodology...

Metrics Used:

Overview
Owner Satisfaction
Predicted Reliability
Owner Costs
Crash and rollover tests

Safety
Accident avoidance
Antilock brakes
Traction control
Stability control
NHTSA overall frontal-crash
NHTSA front-crash, driver/front passenger
NHTSA rollover, 2WD/4WD

Performance
Acceleration
Transmission
Routine handling
Emergency handling
Braking
Headlights

Comfort/convenience
Ride
Noise
Driving position
Front seat comfort
Rear seat comfort
Front access
Rear access
Controls and display
Interior fit and finish
Trunk/Cargo Area
Climate system
Fuel Economy

Trouble spots by year
Engine Major
Engine Cooling
Transmission Major
Transmission Minor
Drive System
Fuel System
Engine Minor
Electrical System
New Car Prediction

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Its funny how brands at the bottom of the list complain that CR is not accurate and use weird methodology, but Lexus is more than happy to take the number one spot and thank CR for the hat tip.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That sure is a long list of key things to factor into it all, it's good to see they went really broad with it and covered a lot of things to come out with the list they did here.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and Toyota in the 2 spot. I suppose the customer experience at LExus is what propels them to the top rung?

·
Registered
55 Posts
customer experience is probably one of the larger contributing factors, all my experiences and the experiences of others i know with Lexus/Toyota/Scion dealers have be really great... the same cannot be said for many others.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
customer experience is probably one of the larger contributing factors, all my experiences and the experiences of others i know with Lexus/Toyota/Scion dealers have be really great... the same cannot be said for many others.
Customer experience is an area that Lexus is trying to work on actually, with women at least. Do you (or CR rather) mean the experience at the dealer, or their experience with the vehicle generally?

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Customer experience is an area that Lexus is trying to work on actually, with women at least. Do you (or CR rather) mean the experience at the dealer, or their experience with the vehicle generally?
so are you saying women are irrelevant if Lexus made the nut without satisfying them? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts