Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
All the activity seems to be around the 350 and F, but I really think a luxury coupe that gets high mpg would be just what I am looking for.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so its fairly certain that the RC300h and the NX300h will be sharing a hybrid powertrain. Considering the NX released its details first, perhaps we can clean something from them?

The 300h system couples a 2.5L 4 cylinder Atkinson cycle mill with an integrated high torque motor. How high, well lexus is not exactly saying for the NX, but they did say Total system output power wise will be 194 hp.

However perhaps the NX is not the best indicator. Lexus offers Europe the IS300h, which should be more in the ballpark of the RC300h. IS300h is rated at 217 hp/221 lb-ft...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
that is true they might as well use the 1S300h as a doner to help build this, basically pulling what ever they can from it

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It should, engine bay definitely has space for it. At most it would likely need different engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
from the IS? Yes absolutely. RC is on a shortened IS platform, which is a shortened GS platform... essentially plug and play..
With that said do you think we can expect any other components to be shared, like suspension parts and components?

·
Registered
407 Posts
the RC has a different suspension but i wouldnt be surprised if the shocks and springs bolt right up to the IS too

control arms.. could be the same could not be..

the RC IS wider right

1 - 12 of 12 Posts