Lexus RC350 & RCF Forum banner

default settings

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GearHeadPeter 
#1 ·
is there anyway to set the display so that the infotainment information is next to the speedo automatically on startup? I have to hit the button on the steering wheel every time i start the car.

Also i want to drive it 99% of the time in sport mode. I hate having to turn the wheel on the middle console to put it into sport mode every time.

#2 ·
Hi there, so basically once you turn off your car if in Sport mode it will revert back to standard mode? I would think once the car is in sport mode it should stay there if you turn the car off or on?? Maybe it some trick behind it like holding in down longer...

Cheers

#3 ·
is there anyway to set the display so that the infotainment information is next to the speedo automatically on startup? I have to hit the button on the steering wheel every time i start the car.

Also i want to drive it 99% of the time in sport mode. I hate having to turn the wheel on the middle console to put it into sport mode every time.
No. I tried and even went down to Lexus, and it always defaults to the normal mode, same thing with the Driver Mode button. I feel the same way, but there is no way to make either do what you want. Sorry, you just have to hit the buttons.

#4 ·
I mean if you went down to the dealership and they couldn't help you then I guess that is that. It does seem like something that you should be able to do though. A small oversight by Lexus it seems. Seems like the kind of thing that may be able to be fixed through a software update if Lexus wants to.

#5 ·
I went to two different Lexus dealers, spoke with both Service and Technology, and also called Lexus and all said the same thing, No.

Even my Carista App with the customizations App won't even give me the option of changing it. What I see on the App is what a Lexus dealer sees and has access to program, according to a Lexus forum member.

I'd love to get rid of the caution startup on the NAV screen every time I start the car, but nope can't do that from anywhere. Now if someone was a programming genius then I'm sure it could be done, and I've seen it done before, but it won't be done by Lexus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.